Winter mod [Spaar`s Modloader]

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
**Note that no changes will occur before you start the game**
The wonderful winter mod, giving you a little more challenge in your regular besiege experience. (Okay, so it makes some stages easier, but some get harder, I promise). (I guess some become trick-shot-challenges if you want them to, but try to clear the stages however you find the most fun)

I've tested up to level 10, and of those, all stages are possible to finish.
I won't tell much or add pictures, since it's a lot more fun if you go into it blind, but a few hints:
Wood both freeze and burn, ballasts don't.
Wheels use friction.

Check out the "Winter Challenge": http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/f...new-experience
Also, thanks to everyone on Slack who helped me make this :3

Installation instructions:
Just install Spaar's Modloader, and put the dll at the end of this post into the "Mods" folder.

Attached Files
WinterMod.dll

spaar

Great work! This is a lot of fun and very much more difficult. I really like how you changed friction as well, makes for some interesting results ^^

ITR

Staff member
Small update, made breakforce for frozen blocks a little more relative

That was devious.

Brittle braces? There go ALL of my machines.

Also enjoyed that the flamethrowers fell off when i tried to use them for propulsion. Had to mount them to grapples.

Cheeky ;)

ITR

Staff member
helloindustries said:
That was devious.

Brittle braces? There go ALL of my machines.

Also enjoyed that the flamethrowers fell off when i tried to use them for propulsion. Had to mount them to grapples.

Cheeky ;)
You can always use flame-balls and torches next to them :p

I found an interesting bug. when you use flying blocks as soon as they
freeze
they start to move at infinite speeds going in the direction last moving. o_O i wonder what kind of ways we can controll this

ITR

Staff member
DDSilver said:
BUT SUDDENLY. IN THE DISTANCE. I SEE...
SUMMER MOD.
Lol, I could set everything on fire, but there wouldn't be much else to do :p

ITR

Staff member
Hmm, check if it works with regular freezing (above freezing level), since it should be the same.

ITR said:
Lol, I could set everything on fire, but there wouldn't be much else to do :p
Well, without being able to use wood or any flammable blocks, it could get tough. Only being able to use Ballasts or suspensions, It would require people to make mechs and stuff.

ITR

Staff member
DDSilver said:
Well, without being able to use wood or any flammable blocks, it could get tough. Only being able to use Ballasts or suspensions, It would require people to make mechs and stuff.
Most pros seem to do that anyways :p
And I probably would set them on fire too XD
Summer => Lava

Ooh, this seems interesting. A Hellish Mod would be very amusing as well. Although I suspect the fact that all bombs in the minefield would explode instantly, all enemies being on fire from the start and the fact that people would simply replace prebuilt wheels with ones made from springs and various rotating blocks would take a lot of the challenge out of it.