Wings and propellers are being weird

Lately I've been building single engine propeller airplanes and am currently working on a couple pretty unique aircraft, one of which is nearly complete but flight testing has brought a huge problem to surface that I have no idea how to fix or what is causing it. But the aircraft in question has this really annoying tendency to yaw right, like really bad! so bad that banking right would nose dive into the ground and banking left would almost flip over. I thought it had to do with the torque of the engine but through thorough testing found that that was not the case and that it was a problem with flight surfaces. I started dropping all my planes from a height and they all nose dive (as expected) but they always point their nose slightly right. This latest one however does it to a point where it significantly affects flight. I've put a lot of work into this plane and it is super bad ass and would love to finish it, but as it stands there is no point in finishing it if the final product doesn't work. I would greatly appreciate any and all help in solving this problem, I don't want to scrap this plane.

Attached Files
BloodHawk 3-1.bsg

i dont have any problems with my planes..
maybe its one of the braces that came loose.
happens sometimes after saving. makes stuff act wierd.
a wrong angled block or double placed block.. or too big props.
i know from rc planes that if prop is too big the plane wanna spin.
i didnt try removing the props and drop it tho..
my advise is remove all the decorative braces and unnessary stuff and go from there.
test often to see if something happens..
its annoying but u have to save and reload it often so see if errors happens.
"hope thats on their to do list "
and make sure braces are placed symmetric or u get weight displacement problems.
all i know is that i build without mods and still got issues with single rotor planes causing planes to slightly spin because of rotors..
only way i can correct it is with a counter turning wheel with a braced swiveljoint on it..

hope u get the problem solved.

my new version of a singlerotor plane engine.
no torgue transfers to frame.works kinda like an automatic transmission.
if you got a spare plane without and engine u could try it out.
http://www.besiegedownloads.com/machine/26606

Gren, you don't think I tried all that? I've tried everything! I've stripped this thing down to bare parts, deleted like half the plane, and screwed with the angles of wing panels and prop blades, I always get the same problem. As I said, I tested this thoroughly. Bio-4, Yes I use mods, but I do everything with exact symmetry. The error in this plane is not an error from my building. Either one of the mods is fucky or the props and wings are.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
JPGorbich said:
Gren, you don't think I tried all that? I've tried everything! I've stripped this thing down to bare parts, deleted like half the plane, and screwed with the angles of wing panels and prop blades, I always get the same problem. As I said, I tested this thoroughly. Bio-4, Yes I use mods, but I do everything with exact symmetry. The error in this plane is not an error from my building. Either one of the mods is ****y or the props and wings are.
If you uninstall the mods, does it still do it?
If I remember correctly, somebody found out that the wings were slightly off-center a few weeks ago (which mattered if the wings were rotated), making the machine turn, could that be causing it?

Shade

I downloaded your machine and braces are falling off; but here's a fix. Your aero propellers are not perfectly symmetrical.
22.5 are not symetrical, you have still use flip (F) on the other side, or use 23.06876

Attached Files
BloodHawk 3-1 Fix.bsg

Originally posted by JPGorbich View Post
Gren, you don't think I tried all that? I've tried everything! I've stripped this thing down to bare parts, deleted like half the plane, and screwed with the angles of wing panels and prop blades, I always get the same problem. As I said, I tested this thoroughly. Bio-4, Yes I use mods, but I do everything with exact symmetry. The error in this plane is not an error from my building. Either one of the mods is ****y or the props and wings are.

so symmetry and braces arent the problem eh ? ;)
next time dont get angry.. we actually try to help you.
i came with suggestions because i dont use mods so no reason to dissekt your plane when i cant put it back together again or see values on blocks

I'm not angry, you just asked me about things I already said I tried. The braces aren't a problem! People need to stop telling me that braces fall off, cause I know, I'm the one building these things. That issue is a problem with the game.
That means that there is something wrong with the propeller blades. If I rotate the blades to get the desired angle rather than using the flip button (flips it to 22.5 no matter what) that gives me the wrong angle. I place the propeller blades as a mirror of their placement on the other side of the plane, so if mirroring fucks up my planes like that all of a sudden, something is wrong. Plus, using Editor plus mod I can only change angle by the whole degree, so if PBP2 fucks up by half a degree I can't fix it with Editor Plus.
ITR, if that is an actual problem then it might have an effect here. I'll give Shade's fix a try and see what happens

Shade, I don't know what you did but you fixed it! Thanks so much! I'll make sure to give a little credit when I upload! Thanks so much again!

Shade

JPGorbich said:
Plus, using Editor plus mod I can only change angle by the whole degree, so if PBP2 ****s up by half a degree I can't fix it with Editor Plus.
You can. You just need to rotate the entire machine before editing with E+.

JPGorbich said:
Shade, I don't know what you did but you fixed it! Thanks so much! I'll make sure to give a little credit when I upload! Thanks so much again!

Like I said, I replace, properly mirror and flip all the aero propellers that facing right because the right propellers MUST be in a flipped state if you rotate using 22.5. If you delete one of the right-facing propelers and then undo immediately, you can see the unflipped state; that it was rotated 45 more degrees (2x 22.5). Kinda hard to explain but I hope you understand what I mean.

ITR

Staff member
If you need to precisely modify a block with fields after placing it, you could try PostPlace or C-edit

It just doesn't make sense as they were perfectly mirrored. I'm sure you've noticed that on the ends of the propellers they have a black and white half and a tan coloured half. I always place these, rotating 22.5 degrees with custom rotation mod, until the black and white part is the trailing end. Common sense dictates that that is properly mirrored. I have OCD so it really bugs me when I see patterns are different on different sides, so I make the patterns match. Why is it that in the game the blocks look symmetrical and mirrored but really aren't? Can this be fixed?

ITR

Staff member
Well, the game wasn't exactly built to allow less than 90 degrees of rotation :p

Well with all the mods being used now and the fact that all the good builders use every possible angle between 0 and 90. Nearly all the good builds use angles other than multiples of 90. I feel the game should allow for at least 45 degrees of rotation. That would give the unmodded game so much more potential! That's just my opinion anyways. Now that I use PBP2 I use angles as low as .5 and any number, before I used Custom Rotation and would always use a factor of 90, only a couple times going less than 5.625 degrees. Even though I did use the small angles sometimes a lot was at 45 degrees. When I first started playing the game I had trouble building things sometimes because I could only build in 4 directions my ideas became limited. But again, this is just me, I use the mods and they usually work perfectly, so I can build whatever I want as long as I can figure out how haha