Why does this not work?

OttoNL

Bracing the sh!t out of it doesn't help, rotation is correct, I've tried about 50 times just in case the speed of the mechanical parts differs every time you press play but that's not the case as far as you can see.
Like usual absolutely NO idea why the game doesn't allow me to build this...

Any ideas?

Replacing with wheels works, albeit very unreliable, and I'd prefer to use metal parts as this is intended to be a minesweeper. Prob won't last more then 1 bomb even if it's made out of metal but still :p

Attached Files
sweep.bsg

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Well, one reason is that the saws are placed the wrong way.
The other that the braces aren't strong enough to hold up the thingy.

OttoNL

maybe it wouldn't overwrite again, but the saws were going the right way.

also when they are on right the saws often don't have the same speed, making the braces spin like mad and make it look like one saw is going the wrong direction

anyway the direction is not the problem

I think that's actually the entire problem... mechanical parts not being fast enough unless you have an insane amount of luck
i'm starting to hate the randomness in this game :p makes all cool ideas impossible at least on my pc

ITR

Staff member
Not direction, you placed the saws on the wrong block.
Only one side of the saws spin

OttoNL

erm what's wrong with the placement? I placed them on the balasts on the inside... Is there something wrong with that?

ITR

Staff member
From what I can gather, you want the ballast to spin around. The sawblades makes the other side spin around, not the part they're connected to :p

OttoNL

But if the part they're trying to spin is much heavier then the part they are attached too, the part that they are attached to should spin right?
In my mind it shouldn't make a difference how I put them on.
But does the game not like this?

ITR

Staff member
OttoNL said:
But if the part they're trying to spin is much heavier then the part they are attached too, the part that they are attached to should spin right?
In my mind it shouldn't make a difference how I put them on.
But does the game not like this?
Wops, seems like I remembered wrong about how sawblades worked. For some reason I remembered them not using the traditional spin physics thingy.

In that case, have you tried attaching hinges to them?