why arent there female peasants?

do you think there should be female peasants, and do you want there to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i mean seriously though, why?
and just for clarification, i am not asuming their genders, all of the npc names are male names.
Aldous
Alistair
Avery
Benedict
Bennett
Borin
Conrad
Constantine
Cuthbert
Drake
Everard
Edmund
Edward
Fabian
Gawain
Geoffrey
Gilbert
Godwin
Gregory
Henry
Hugh
Humphrey
Jeffery
Joachim
Ladislas
Luther
Milo
Odo
Percival
Ralf
Randall
Robert
Robin
Rowan
Solomon
Theobald
Tobias
Wade
Walter
Warner
Wolfgang
(furthermore, none of the npc's have visible... well breast-shaped armor or clothing, which is another reason, but mainly their names)
i mean,
A: what gives the knights incentive to fight for people
B: how the hell are there so many people if theres noone to... well "make" them?
C: since there isnt any, this is very sexist
D: also, why no female knights? or farmers?
E: also, where is queen whynfrith? why doesnt she get a in-game character, but the knights of several islands do? (same goes for the duke of tolbrynd and probably the withered king too, eventually)

Last edited:
also, i forgot to put this, but if you disagree, please explain why, because its honestly confusing to find a reason why you would disagree

Last edited:
It's an invasion, giant war machines materialise out of thin air next to the village and tear everything and everyone to shreds. I should think they're keeping the women and children somewhere safe, maybe hiding in a cellar, huddled up together fearing for the lives of themselves and their menfolk who must risk being torn limb from limb or burned alive to gather essential food for their families.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
The list was probably just taken from somewhere with only male names. That said, it's trivial to add female names, you could do it to your list yourself if you so wanted :-P

devs should focus on the more important things and modders should focus on the itty bitty things
i think the devs should be responsible to important topics like this lol
but ive been given feedback from the devs, so this might not be a problem at some point in the future of besiege :)

Oh thats so sweet but you are little unconvincing my darling

Yuri is right as this is not important aspect of the game

Who even read this names?

This discussion is amusing
well if you like the conversation so much, spread the word.
and also, the names were put in the game for a reason, otherwise they wouldn't be there, would they? attention to detail is key in every game, and the attention to detail in besiege is great in my opinion, apart from the lack of a major female presence.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Please don't be hostile towards each other. If you want a discussion that's fine, but don't try to agitate

I don't care much about political correctness, and I get tired of seeing innocuous things being hastily labeled "sexist." But I would like to see a female peasant character model, just for the sake of variety and world-building.

I don't care much about political correctness, and I get tired of seeing innocuous things being hastily labeled "sexist." But I would like to see a female peasant character model, just for the sake of variety and world-building.
thanks for the quick word, ross! :D and i value world building in games too! it can be the turning point of some games if they do it right!