Weight Depending on Placement (Bug?)

Sola

Note: The title may or may not make sense, but hopefully the images I've provided will help.

When I was creating a machine, I noticed that it was heavier on one side than the other. I turned on the 'CoM' and was going crazy trying to figure out why it was skewed to one side. After making sure I didn't accidentally place a brace anywhere and after slowly rebuilding the machine, I noticed something strange. This may or may not be a bug, but that's what I will call it from now on. This bug has made it completely impossible for me to build a 100% balanced version of a particular machine.

Below are examples of this balance issue:

Control.png

^[CONTROL IMAGE]^
As you can see, perfectly normal. The CoM is exactly where you'd expect.

Same Side.png

^[SAME-SIDE]^
In the image above, I built the machine as I normally would, by connecting the logs on the same side. I would expect, since they are equally connected to both sides, they would be balanced, but this is not the case, as you can see from the image above. The CoM indicator has moved towards the top despite the creation being completely symmetrical.

Alternating.png

^[ALTERNATING PLACEMENT]^
This is the "fix" to this problem. Notice how it's perfectly balanced when I place the blocks by clicking the alternating sides.

NOTE: I realize that this may indeed be by design and not a bug; in the process of writing, I noticed that the logs themselves aren't symmetrical; the red arrows in the image just above points to the connected sides of the log, which has a smaller black piece than the other side. But regardless of whether or not this is a bug, this is a pretty frustrating development.