Water Mod [0.32+]

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Can i get a larger pool of water somehow? rn. there is just a square of texture, after that you can't see the water? Should i upload a screenshot somewhere?
if you write "help watermod", there should be some command similar to "watersize" or "waterplanesize" to allow you to change that

ITR

Staff member
Can you check the picture, also if it is the "WaterSize" can you help me with the usage of the command? (Issue and "Help WaterMod" seen in picture). Thanks in advance.
You can do "Help [Command]" to check what each command does, to use it, write something like "WaterSize 65536" into the console

M@rK

Hey! You know the custom scene mod right? You know there is a lake level with a fake lake? (it's just a texture) well I noticed that if you use this water mod that texture turns into waves so real water! Now, since i would love to use it, can somebody tell me what values to set in order to make the water realistic?
For example the right drag, also if i put a machine up in the air, above the water, instead of falling and stopping once it hits the water, it falls really slow, like the gravity is changed, some others don't even fall... Know how to fix it? Thanks.

And yes i tried the ones other people already suggested but i guess it's for another version.

ITR

Staff member
Hey! You know the custom scene mod right? You know there is a lake level with a fake lake? (it's just a texture) well I noticed that if you use this water mod that texture turns into waves so real water! Now, since i would love to use it, can somebody tell me what values to set in order to make the water realistic?
For example the right drag, also if i put a machine up in the air, above the water, instead of falling and stopping once it hits the water, it falls really slow, like the gravity is changed, some others don't even fall... Know how to fix it? Thanks.

And yes i tried the ones other people already suggested but i guess it's for another version.
I'm not sure what you want, if you want the water to get waves when stuff falls into it, then there's no support for that. The falling really slow sounds like it has the drag of when it's underwater applied to it while in the air, not sure why that happens, but you could try setting the water height really high, then back to the regular height.

M@rK

I'm not sure what you want, if you want the water to get waves when stuff falls into it, then there's no support for that. The falling really slow sounds like it has the drag of when it's underwater applied to it while in the air, not sure why that happens, but you could try setting the water height really high, then back to the regular height.
No, let me explain better then.
If i put something up in the air, above the water, it doesn't fall. It's like there is a huge drag in the air, the same drag is in the water.
Do i have to make a gif for you?
I just need to know how to fix this, and wanted to let you know this lake thing (if you didn't know already)

ITR

Staff member
No, let me explain better then.
If i put something up in the air, above the water, it doesn't fall. It's like there is a huge drag in the air, the same drag is in the water.
Do i have to make a gif for you?
I just need to know how to fix this, and wanted to let you know this lake thing (if you didn't know already)
A gif would be useful, also if you could check if it says anything weird in the console.

M@rK

here i am, so instead of a gif i can just post these since at first the creation falls slowly as i said, but then if you move it remains still.
20170714183937_1.jpg
as you can see
20170714183952_1.jpg
same outside of the water, plus the other graphics for the water don't work, but they are on since there are waves in the lake.
Also in the console it says in red: "BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size. The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry. If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "HUD/AlignTopLeftNoFold/TimeScale/SetPercentage" "
but maybe that's related to the creation i had loaded in at the moment

Last edited:

ITR

Staff member
here i am, so instead of a gif i can just post these since at first the creation falls slowly as i said, but then if you move it remains still.
View attachment 1315 as you can see View attachment 1316 same outside of the water, plus the other graphics for the water don't work, but they are on since there are waves in the lake.
Also in the console it says in red: "BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size. The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry. If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "HUD/AlignTopLeftNoFold/TimeScale/SetPercentage" "
but maybe that related to the creation i had loaded in at the moment
The error is something else.

You can disable the graphics for water with "useWaterGraphics False" and use the water via custom-scene mod instead. Alternatively you can try using the water from CustomSceneMod instead of the water from watermod2, unless you are already