Waiting for multi... Finally <3

Discussion in 'Besiege: Suggestions Ideas' started by QuextArt, Oct 5, 2016.

?

What do you think

Poll closed Apr 7, 2017.
  1. Nah (im forever alone)

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. HELL YEAH! (anything)

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Sandbox session so dear besiege creators wont get overworked

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. My dear darling, id like to see just 1v1 etc

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  5. Awww! Lets ask for MEGA MULTI UPDATE

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. QuextArt

QuextArt Member

Hello!

Since every level was ended, there isn't anything to do so can we get small update with just simple online sessions. To play with others. Friends + Friends or servers, just anything!

(almost) All (popular) games are more focused on multiplayer, not without reason! I d love to see it!!!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  2. Shade

Shade Active Member

imagine the lag tho

3. QuextArt

QuextArt Member

I cant, for 2000 p per server it shouldnt be a problem

4. Shade

Shade Active Member

well, some people having a trouble running machines at 100%, let alone run it with other people machines at the same time.
    im also curious, how does even multiplayer work in your head?

5. CCCanyon

CCCanyon Member

multi camera (split screen) instead
    local multi player

Shade and Redstoneman like this.
  6. Shade

Shade Active Member

Hey, this sounds possible with mod :eek:

7. QuextArt

QuextArt Member

A multiplayer video game is a video game in which more than one person can play in the same game environment at the same time.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_video_game

It means more then 1.

Its not a problem to make a working something from let say 500 p. It wont lag. The real question is if your internet connection ll be able to download someones machine and upload yours? Well, as i said it can be done. But now it ll be 1000 blocks to render. That means it can be really hard with more people. If so we ll need a limit. The size of this cube on start, and max 200~300 p should be enough (maybe not, it probably should be max 200?). Trust me simple session for two people ll be HUGE CHANGE for this game. We can only image what ll be next. More gamemodes form multiplayer? etc. The basic is to set first session and then wait for suggestions. Just let it evolve.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  8. QuextArt

QuextArt Member

bd0f9acb59a464e871a605cf0376c8ce.png
    So average internet speed in Europe is like +20 Mb/s.

What is better is that bsg files are only like 50-200 KB!
    (1B=8b so its 200KB*8=1600KB (but upload speed is lower). Itd how it d work, but i d love to see it)

Multiplayer seems to be achievable!!!!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  9. ITR

ITR l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ Staff Member

You have to remember that these files would have to be sent every 60th of a second, including velocities, and states of the blocks, and all the physics would have to be synced :-P

10. QuextArt

QuextArt Member

only on 60 Hz servers and that s high, why not try 30 Hz server?

11. yea55

yea55 New Member

In my mind, beseige could easily implement multiplayer over LAN in a similar manner to Minecraft. Whatever your opinion of that game might be, they did manage to implement multiplayer into a sandbox game pretty darn well, at least for small-scale stuff.

12. Shade

Shade Active Member

but minecraft is real time while besiege is not, how will you sync the simulation/building time between both player?

13. TheCyberBrick

TheCyberBrick New Member

But Minecraft and Besiege are completely different. The difficulty is syncing the physics engine between multiple clients which is pretty darn complicated, whereas Minecraft barely has any complicated physics.

14. yea55

yea55 New Member

You are correct, physics is a problem here. This is why I think multiplayer would really only work between two computers on the same home network, and even then the complexity of what you can reliably build and run in multiplayer would be somewhat limited. But if the ability to change the simulation speed in-game were carried over to multiplayer somehow, acceptable performance could be achieved at least some of the time.

15. QuextArt

QuextArt Member

Totalni agree!

16. Yuri

Yuri Member

to get over the lag, just limet the number of blocks to about 500 per person

17. Peiheng Zhang

Peiheng Zhang New Member

Well, is local multiplayer achievable? Like 2 people do split screen. Is there any mod that allow me to use 2 cameras at the same time?

18. stuChris

stuChris Member

the problem with that is computers can have more or less dificulty depending on the processor, for instance my computer can barely handle 100 blocks at 100% speed with 60 fps, and at 400 blocks, 25% speed lets me have about 20-30 frames, so a limit wouldnt really work.

19. TheCyberBrick

TheCyberBrick New Member

Very exciting news, they just announced that a Multiplayer mode is supposed to be coming by the end of Q3 of this year!

20. Yuri

Yuri Member

what is Q3 this year
    when is it