Visual Studio Template 1.2 [spaar`s Mod Loader] [Mod Development]

spaar

http://prntscr.com/g83s1z Here is the error.

Please would you know how much gravity is exerting on each block?
What ITR said, we need to know what the install log says (the link at the bottom of the error window) to help.
Regarding gravity, I don't know the value from the top off my head but when you are able to create a mod, you can check the value in Physics.gravity.

Is this compatible with Visual Studio Code? As a Linux user, I can have a spot of trouble running Visual Studio Community, as it's made for Windows. As a .vsix file, it seems like it should be compatible.

spaar

Is this compatible with Visual Studio Code? As a Linux user, I can have a spot of trouble running Visual Studio Community, as it's made for Windows. As a .vsix file, it seems like it should be compatible.
I have not used Visual Studio Code personally but I doubt it is compatible. Afaik VS Code doesn't have much in common with Visual Studio except the name, including the whole project&solution system, so I don't think that a project template made for one will work for the other. Especially since the main features of this template are the integration with the build system and setting up the references correctly, while VS Code is basically just an editor and doesn't handle all of that to my knowledge.
You are of course still welcome to develop mods without the template, you'll just have to manually make sure you link with the right .dll files and copy the resulting .dll into the Mods folder.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
I have not used Visual Studio Code personally but I doubt it is compatible. Afaik VS Code doesn't have much in common with Visual Studio except the name, including the whole project&solution system, so I don't think that a project template made for one will work for the other. Especially since the main features of this template are the integration with the build system and setting up the references correctly, while VS Code is basically just an editor and doesn't handle all of that to my knowledge.
You are of course still welcome to develop mods without the template, you'll just have to manually make sure you link with the right .dll files and copy the resulting .dll into the Mods folder.
IIRC visual studio code might handle .snl files if you open the folder the .snl file is in through Code, so there might be some template support somewhere.

spaar

IIRC visual studio code might handle .snl files if you open the folder the .snl file is in through Code, so there might be some template support somewhere.
Hm, seems you're right. VSCode extensions also seem to be packaged as .vsix files as well.
@Draxiss Ultimately, just give it a try and feel free to report back what happens.

According to their website, VSCode is just the bits of VS that are Open-Source . . . ish. I've never really been clear on the distinctions in .NET runtime, C languages, etc. as far as open- or sort-of-open-source is concerned. It's clear that whatever Besiege and Besiege Mods use is Open-Source ENOUGH to be used cross-platform, but that's as far as I got.

Anyways, I tried manually installing as a .vsix using VSCode's UI and I got this error message:
extension/package.json not found inside zip.
Installing via command line returned a more verbose but similar result:
Code:
$ code --install-extension ModTemplate.vsix

Error: extension/package.json not found inside zip.
    at ZipFile.<anonymous> (/usr/share/code/resources/app/out/vs/code/node/cliProcessMain.js:4:146479)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:293:19)
    at emitNone (events.js:86:13)
    at ZipFile.emit (events.js:188:7)
    at FdSlicer.<anonymous> (/usr/share/code/resources/app/node_modules/yauzl/index.js:198:10)
    at FdSlicer.emit (events.js:188:7)
    at onCloseDone (/usr/share/code/resources/app/node_modules/fd-slicer/index.js:74:12)
    at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:114:15)

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
According to their website, VSCode is just the bits of VS that are Open-Source . . . ish. I've never really been clear on the distinctions in .NET runtime, C languages, etc. as far as open- or sort-of-open-source is concerned. It's clear that whatever Besiege and Besiege Mods use is Open-Source ENOUGH to be used cross-platform, but that's as far as I got.

Anyways, I tried manually installing as a .vsix using VSCode's UI and I got this error message:
Code:

at ZipFile.<anonymous> (/usr/share/code/resources/app/out/vs/code/node/cliProcessMain.js:4:146479)
    at FdSlicer.<anonymous> (/usr/share/code/resources/app/node_modules/yauzl/index.js:198:10)
    at onCloseDone (/usr/share/code/resources/app/node_modules/fd-slicer/index.js:74:12)
I guess you'll just have to do it manually.
Just make sure to inherit spaar.Modloader.Mod and have the necessary libraries linked

spaar

Code:

Yeah, what ITR said.
It looks like VS Code uses a different extension format, they just used the same file extension.