Vector Thrusters v1.1.21 [v0.45a][ID: 790-791]

A new version (v1.1.20) is finally out! It's about a month before uni starts again, so I figured I'd take the time to update VT, add some features that @Shade and @Redstoneman requested a couple months ago, and maybe work on something new... ;)

I've updated Vector Thrusters to v1.1.21, which adds in a little extra support for ACM in the visual department. You'll be able to control all the fancy colour stuff + the shape and opacity sliders added in .20 as soon as @Lench updates his mod.

I have a bug were you cant see the blocks in the block-menu, and if I place to many thrusters, this happens:
-Besiege_002 - Shutter_003.png Besiege_001.png Besiege_002.png
Maybe it's the block-loader, but i use the newest version.

@Ubus Looks like you have an outdated mod messing with things. And what is that 11750=25864-5609.dll doing there? Is that the old blockloader, since you mentioned having 'the newest version'? Because if you didn't know, the blockloader has been a part of the modloader since around v0.27. On the other hand, if you don't know what that mystery mod is doing there, post it here and I can take a look at it with my disassembler.

I meant the newest Spaars, the 11750=25864-5609.dll is the "Adjustable watercannon" mod, removing it does not fix the bug.
Also, I use the easy scale mod witch adds a new block, the "scaling block" that is rendered without problems.

Last edited:

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
I meant the newest Spaars, the 11750=25864-5609.dll is the "Adjustable watercannon" mod, removing it does not fix the bug.
Also, I use the easy scale mod witch adds a new block, the "scaling block" that is rendered without problems.
Scaling block isn't a new block, it's in the game.

Have you tried reinstalling the game and the modloader, then trying with only this mod installed?

Scaling block isn't a new block, it's in the game.

Have you tried reinstalling the game and the mod-loader, then trying with only this mod installed?
I reinstalled both and removed every mod except of spaars 1.6.2 and vector thrusters, it does not help.

ITR

Staff member
I reinstalled both and removed every mod except of spaars 1.6.2 and vector thrusters, it does not help.
Have made sure your drivers are up to date? Or maybe the current version of them have a bug?

ITR

Staff member
I use Ubuntu 16.04, there shouldn’t be a problem with actuality, maybe its a Linux specific thing...
Tested on Ubuntu 16.04 right now, but can't reproduce, not the too many thrusters thing either.
Could you explain in more detail what you do to make it happen?

Tested on Ubuntu 16.04 right now, but can't reproduce, not the too many thrusters thing either.
Could you explain in more detail what you do to make it happen?
Previously I used a big model with more than 300 blocks, but recently only using the thrusters on the center-block was enough, don’t know why though.
so, I just place the thrusters on the machine, and when I open the modded blocks tab in the menu bar, this black wall (not the one that appears when building.) appears.

for more driver related issues, here are my specs:
  • Processor: AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7 APU
  • Graphics(integrated): Gallium 0.4
  • 64 bit Ubuntu 16.04

Just to make sure, this only happens with the thruster? not the emitter, or any other modded block?
IMO it sounds sorta like the same issues Dolphin used to have with AMD's OpenGL support being rubbish compared to DirectX and Vulkan, but afaik Unity doesn't support Vulkan and DX is windows only without wine etc.
Do you get the same glitching if you run the windows version with wine? It shouldn't change anything since wine just translates system calls, but it's possible that the issue is somewhere between Unity and Gallium's API and adding an extra layer to the mix just fixes it.

you are right, happens with all blocks, and I cant really use the wine version because of rendering problems, like disappearing text and such. thanks for the help, guess i have to wait until i get a new graphics cart.

Just to make sure, this only happens with the thruster? not the emitter, or any other modded block?
IMO it sounds sorta like the same issues Dolphin used to have with AMD's OpenGL support being rubbish compared to DirectX and Vulkan, but afaik Unity doesn't support Vulkan and DX is windows only without wine etc.
Do you get the same glitching if you run the windows version with wine? It shouldn't change anything since wine just translates system calls, but it's possible that the issue is somewhere between Unity and Gallium's API and adding an extra layer to the mix just fixes it.
So I have a new graphics card now, a gtx 950, with openGL support, but the problem is still present.

TheCVB

Just want to say that I have that problem too, Ubuntu 16.04 with kernel 4.4.0-75-generic x86_64, using a GTX 970 with nvidia driver version 375.39 . I can use wine to at least see the model, but as written earlier, it doesn't display some text (modloader stuff in particular, I assume something is wrong with the font). It only affects blocks loaded by the blockloader, so maybe it's a problem caused by loading the mesh.

I'm sorry guys, I really have no idea what's causing my mod to break. :(
You might get more help if you can contact whoever's maintaining the drivers you're using, but I really can't do anything about it.

spaar

Just want to say that I have that problem too, Ubuntu 16.04 with kernel 4.4.0-75-generic x86_64, using a GTX 970 with nvidia driver version 375.39 . I can use wine to at least see the model, but as written earlier, it doesn't display some text (modloader stuff in particular, I assume something is wrong with the font). It only affects blocks loaded by the blockloader, so maybe it's a problem caused by loading the mesh.
I can't help with the OpenGL or whatever issues, but people have had problems with the text displaying on Linux before. Unity only wants to use Arial specifically IIRC, so if you can install that, the text should at least appear again. I'm not sure how that interacts with wine, but I'm sure there's something on the internet about installing fonts in a wine environment.