Variable Weight Block [ID:228]

Discussion in 'Besiege: Modding' started by ITR, Jan 22, 2017.

1. ITR

ITR l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ Staff Member

Adds a block that can vary in weight, making some fancy sorts of automation possible:
    [Video][/Video]

To install, extract the zip into your "Mods" folder, and merge folders if needed

Attached Files:

2. ITR

Oh, and somebody please make a better texture for it please

3. Martin Lorentzon

Martin Lorentzon New Member

Can this be used for perpetual motion? :)

4. ITR

Yes

No, it uses heat from the surroundings to gain more mass, then releases it as heat again when it lowers it.

5. KrautregenXD

KrautregenXD Member

Submarines.

;(with water mod)

6. sooo... basically advanced ballast block?

7. ITR

With more sticky attachment-points ^^

8. Signur

Signur Member

i can't figure out how to use it. i change the settings, it behave, i dunnow why it does what it does.

can you make some sort of tutorial about it with exemple of what can be done ?

or maybe you know videos one made about your mod showing how it work (could not find any on youtube)

9. ITR

If you check the video embedded in my post, the graph represents the mass of the block, and the sliders are the same as the ones you get when using the keymapper.

If there any specific you need help with just ask ^^

10. Signur

Signur Member

i guess i'm a really crappy engineer but from your video i understand.. nothing..

is it only going from weight A to weight B back and forth with the setting you input (even though i don't understand those settings..) ?

can it be like
    Default weight is A, when you press a specified key it become B like switching weight, no morphing to another weight (is that the proper word ?)

11. ITR

It's time-based, not key-based, if you want something key based you can use a scripting mod with regular ballasts

12. Signur

Signur Member

scripting is even more complicated. i guess i'll do without it. thanks anyway :)

13. ZombieJesus

ZombieJesus New Member

"Sine/Square..." allows you to select a waveform to determine the rate at which weight changes.
    "Period" is the time it takes to change weight (also called wavelength).
    "Phase shift" determines where you start on the time line (on weight A or weight B or somewhere in the middle).
    "Amplitude" determines the amount of variation between the maximum and the minimum weight.
    "Through" determines the minimum weight. (If I understood the video correctly, the maximum weight is equal to 2*Amplitude+Through.)

And to control the weight of a ballast with a key press you can do it with the advanced controls mod: http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/index.php?threads/acm-advanced-controls-mod-besiege-v0-42.3150/

14. stuChris

stuChris Member

@ITR hey, if you still havent found a texture for it yet, i would gladly make one (and a model as well) :) (if you have something in mind lemme know :p )

15. ITR

Just anything that fits the connection points works (so it must have a point in the middle of all sides on a 1x1x1 block)

16. maigrot64

maigrot64 Member

Hello, the mod is cool, but would it be possible to add in the configuration window a display of the curve like an oscilloscope?
    This would be simpler to use we can see the "wave" of weight.
    Like this pic :

[​IMG] Sans titre.png

17. stuChris

stuChris Member

here you go, @ITR
    also, was thinking that as said in @maigrot64 's post, you could do something similar with the signwave i have put in the texture :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  18. ITR

I can try asking @Lench if he has some code left over from the ACP owic mod that lets me easily graph a function.

I'll see if I can update the mod with the new graphics later