Unplayable Using Mods

When I am playing "vanilla" Besiege, I get 60-61 FPS (yeah, the variation is 1) at all times, except when simulating complex machines.
When I use mods, however, my FPS drops to 15-20 when in building mode, and 1-5 when simulating! Is it my problem, or the game itself?

The mods were:

-spaar Modloader
-bobd132's Multimod
-No Bounds mod
-BetterModGUI
-Selection Mover Mod

It's not working now!!!!!

spaar

MaxTCC said:
When I am playing "vanilla" Besiege, I get 60-61 FPS (yeah, the variation is 1) at all times, except when simulating complex machines.
When I use mods, however, my FPS drops to 15-20 when in building mode, and 1-5 when simulating! Is it my problem, or the game itself?

The mods were:

-spaar Modloader
-Multimod
Are you sure you're using the newest version of the mod loader? Are there errors in the console (Ctrl+K)?

I'm kinda noob at this stuff.

I reinstalled your modloader with the latest version (I'm in the latest Besiege release btw) and bobd132's Multimod 0.2.0. Things seem to be working better now, but when I was lagging before it used to start dropping the FPS only after like 5 minutes after I started the game. I think this time I tested longer and still stable 60FPS!

An "exception" kept showing up in the console, but on second game startup, everything seems fine! No errors and 60-61 FPS!

Thank you so much, as everything is working much better now. And yes, I thought I was using the latest version of your modloader and I wasn't. My bad, but thank you for helping me anyway!

As my way of saying "thank you":

It says "spaar Rules!", btw.

Attached Files

i had the same problem in the 0.9 version so i was afraid to install mods in the 0.10 version again but it seems to work now

ok it doesnt. the problem are the multimod for the modloader which takes about 20 fps and the no bounds mod. that one pushes my fps down to 3

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Which exceptions were you getting?

Be sure to use the latest modloader version.

Also, the multimod you should use is "bobd132's Multimod", the other one is outdated I think.

As for the no bounds mod, idk. I'll test it. It was indeed one of the mods I used when I lagged before...

I am using:

-spaar Modloader
-bobd132's Multimod
-No bounds mod
-BetterModGUI
-Selection Mover Mod

Working flawlessly - 60FPS stable (can reach 150FPS if uncapped using multimod)

Oh and exceptions are just some bunch of text which shows up in the console (Ctrl+K). It said "[Exception]" so It must be exceptions, right? Flawless theory!

ITR

Staff member
Mumon If you click ctrl+k, it will print out "exceptions" if something went wrong somewhere, this is also found in output_log.txt

ITR

Staff member
Lol, at the same time

my project which currently consists of 1300 blocks runs at 40 fps in build mode without mods. but as soon as i turn the no bounds mod on i have 2 fps

ITR

Staff member
As I said, Which errors are you getting? Can you share Output_Log.txt after it happening? When is it happening?

ITR

Staff member
I can't fix it if you don't tell me what happens :/

spaar

Mumon In the Besiege_Data directory, the same directory that "Managed" and "Mods" are in. You could just attach the output_log.txt file to a post here and we might be able to figure out your performance issues.

ITR

Staff member
Btw, what are you doing to test fps? Fps mod or an external program?