Unity 5 Update Status 21/10/2015

Von

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys,

Sorry about our silence recently, we've encountered last minute issues with the Unity 5 port and we're not completely sure when it will be ready.
We're aiming for this Friday but if anything else crops up we could be looking at a further delay to the beginning of next week.

We do apologise for the continued delays on the update release but this port has proved extremely challenging and problematic.
If we're going to miss Friday I will update you again.

Thanks for the update, 90% of the people on steam were just about to die of lack of sleep*.

*(95-100% of these statistics are made up)

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
75% of all statistics are made up on the spot :3

Adventure log #37
It is noon. Chills running through my body when I think of it... I'm still waiting for the update. I'm not sure If I can take it anymore... Save me... Unity 5...

Von

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guys,
Sorry about not updating you yesterday, we were playtesting until about 3am so I thought I’d wait until today to inform you.

Unfortunately we encountered some extremely last minute issues that prevented us from releasing yesterday. We plan to try and release at about 6pm gmt today, we’ve got a bit more work to do before then but it’s looking like we’ll be able to release.

With that being said there is some bad news, several of the bugs that we have found and attempted to work around are unfixable due to the engine’s current state. We’ve thought a lot about whether to release Unity 5 at all because of this, but we feel the performance boost outweighs the bugs that come along with it.

Although these bugs are currently unfixable, there may be updates to the engine in the future which correct these issues. We will endeavour to speak with Unity about the issues we’ve encountered and hopefully they will be able to resolve these problems in future updates.

So, once again, I apologize for the delay but the wait is almost over.

Shade

Von said:
Hey Guys,
Sorry about not updating you yesterday, we were playtesting until about 3am so I thought I’d wait until today to inform you.

Unfortunately we encountered some extremely last minute issues that prevented us from releasing yesterday. We plan to try and release at about 6pm gmt today, we’ve got a bit more work to do before then but it’s looking like we’ll be able to release.

With that being said there is some bad news, several of the bugs that we have found and attempted to work around are unfixable due to the engine’s current state. We’ve thought a lot about whether to release Unity 5 at all because of this, but we feel the performance boost outweighs the bugs that come along with it.

Although these bugs are currently unfixable, there may be updates to the engine in the future which correct these issues. We will endeavour to speak with Unity about the issues we’ve encountered and hopefully they will be able to resolve these problems in future updates.

So, once again, I apologize for the delay but the wait is almost over.
Great news! Thanks dev team!
Just tell us the what the bug is when update was released.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Mohab The Boss said:
Poor Von get's all the blame.... But hey, ITR is a developer, SO BLAME HIM!!! >:-D
No, no, blame it all on Von, Unity, or PhysX >.>

Adventure log #38
it is morning the bird are chirping and the children are playing with there kite's(my creation)
and the update is installed its the time we all waited for