Triangular Blocks!!!!

Should Besiege have Triangular Blocks?!

• Yes, but with other blocks too, like pistons, etc.!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
we just need these
anyone remember that one mod that had triangular blocks back in the good ol days of v0.2 and v0.25? we need stuff like that
or just a variation of blocks like wood blocks and ballasts

heres how it'd work:
so you click the block
below the little button that appears that says "Skins" theres a button that says "Variations"
in that menu, it'd be just like skins, but with different types of triangular block variations for that block!
example:
click "wooden block"
click "variations"
you see a wooden pyramid
a wooden slope
a wooden wedge
a wooden wedged slope
etcetera
and you would see this for blocks like the wooden block, the long wooden block, the log, the ballast, and the scaling block
AND all would be scalable!
also would have an on/off button in the drop down menu, like skins

well, as besiege is (normally, in vanilla) a block based system, i dont think this should be in the vanilla game HOWEVER, i would be ok with a mod for it (for instance, @Phantom329 's one) or for people to just use BT to move blocks into this shape.
and plus, you could always use/make a skinpack that does this :p

The pain about triangular blocks is that IIRC there are no primitive triangular colliders in Unity. Such a block would need to have multiple box-like colliders assembled into an imperfect triangle.
For example, here's a picture of a wheel's colliders. I also included a scaled one to show what happens to primitive colliders (green boxes) upon unevenly scaling the wheel. I can only imagine triangular blocks being worse than this example.
We'd probably need a sort of procedurally generated block if we wanted to achieve a true triangular shape, but making something like that compatible with skins and scaling and whatever else happens to blocks in this game can't be easy I:

At this point all you can do is ask devs about it. I'm sure they thought of adding such a block, but deemed it not worth the effort and focused on something else.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the mod used to see colliders here is called SimpleColliderDisplayer by ITR

Last edited:

Shade

The pain about triangular blocks is that IIRC there are no primitive triangular colliders in Unity. Such a block would need to have multiple box-like colliders assembled into an imperfect triangle.
For example, here's a picture of a wheel's colliders. I also included a scaled one to show what happens to primitive colliders (green boxes) upon unevenly scaling the wheel. I can only imagine triangular blocks being worse than this example.
We'd probably need a sort of procedurally generated block if we wanted to achieve a true triangular shape, but making something like that compatible with skins and scaling and whatever else happens to blocks in this game can't be easy I:

At this point all you can do is ask devs about it. I'm sure they thought of adding such a block, but deemed it not worth the effort and focused on something else.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the mod used to see colliders here is called SimpleColliderDisplayer by ITR
now after we have triangle primitives in level editor, and AB to rotate blocks so it's not constrained in 90 degrees
I would love to see this happens in the future