Tracking Computer Block [ID:525/526][Besiege 0.4]

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Wait, was it this mod, or a different mod?

Updated!
Update 0.3:
-Improved Cloaking field is lockable by tracking computer;
-Bonuses the knockback force of cannons mounting on Tracking Computers in Turret Tracking Computer mode/Cormack's Modified Tracking Computer by -40% / -90%
-Tracking Computer will automatically set its cannon power setting if there is only one cannon mounted on it.
-Increased the strength of rotation.
-Little increase of precision.
-Tracking Computers will overload if the acceleration is too high. Will notify by a small harmless explosion, burning and Message in Console. Please note that Tracking computers in Turret Tracking Computer mode without mounting any cannons will easily overload.
-Cormack's Modified Tracking Computer can active cannons mounted on it when using Mouse Mode and enabled the toggle of shooting by click.
-Missile Guidance Mode now allows 4 ways of guidance. Can be switched during simulation by a key; Will change its color when switching.
---White - Will calculate the velocity of target.
---Black - will directly directs to the target.
---Red - Will climb to the height you have set above the target and dive down to the target when it's horizontal distance is close enough.
---Yellow - Will keep its height on set height above the ground and climb up to the target when it's horizontal distance is close enough.
-Cormack's Modified Tracking Computer can toggle to its connection if there is no target.
-Cormack's Modified Tracking Computer can turn off it's vertical tracking.
-Cormack's Modified Tracking Computer can use a slider to adjust the bunus of less knockback and the overload limitation.

Love the update.

I have noticed some very large slow downs when a target which can be destroyed (like a village building) is destroyed. It throws an exception to the console that prints out for ages reducing fps from 60 to 3 with just one turret. This also happens when the cpu "overheats". I think its just trying to print far to much to the console in both cases.
would it be possible to reduce the amount of stuff that gets printed to the console and put something like a try/except statement or even better a break (sorry from python) around the code that complains when the targeted is destroyed.

Also regarding the actual mechanics I've been experimenting with the new settings but don't understand the Chinese under the from below and from above tabs.

If you are considering adding to this awesome mod could you create a parameter for the turning force the block has. It is very hard to build a missile that actually hits the target while going fast as loads of wing panels have to be added for stabilization/control which increase the mass which makes the missile turn slower - don't know for sure if its related but after the update my old missiles turn a lot slower.:(

Anyway guided cannon turrets are now officially bad-ass especially with the new unlimited cannons mod:
20160802170020_1.jpg

like flipping star wars!
only slight gripe with the turret mechanics is that they oscillate fractionally when targeting. It might be worth including a dampening factor to minimize this maybe? maybe take the difference between current and target angles into account.

still an immensely fun mod. ==> have you looked at the code ITR uses in the sensor mod to control which blocks trigger the action? If you could get the turret to target blocks in a similar way (without having to press t over the blocks) with some parameters such as target closest block in a list of block types/guids to target then that would be a game changer. It would mean we could start building A.I. stuff with teeth! Imagine trying to destroy the 6 turrets above if they were automated!

I do not understand how to use this mod... But it looks really cool mod. So help....?
Plus the Cormack's Modified Tracking Computer doesn't load at all.
Maybe contradiction with other mods?

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
still an immensely fun mod. ==> have you looked at the code ITR uses in the sensor mod to control which blocks trigger the action? If you could get the turret to target blocks in a similar way (without having to press t over the blocks) with some parameters such as target closest block in a list of block types/guids to target then that would be a game changer. It would mean we could start building A.I. stuff with teeth! Imagine trying to destroy the 6 turrets above if they were automated!
The line-tool would work much better for this, actually, though that would be another dependency :/

I have noticed some very large slow downs when a target which can be destroyed (like a village building) is destroyed. It throws an exception to the console that prints out for ages reducing fps from 60 to 3 with just one turret.
Ah, I think that's more like a game problem, but I'll try fix it.

This also happens when the cpu "overheats". I think its just trying to print far to much to the console in both cases.
would it be possible to reduce the amount of stuff that gets printed to the console and put something like a try/except statement or even better a break (sorry from python) around the code that complains when the targeted is destroyed.
Definitely I will print less "Overload" in the console, thanks.

Also regarding the actual mechanics I've been experimenting with the new settings but don't understand the Chinese under the from below and from above tabs.
The "From Above" makes tracking computer climbs to the attitude you have set above the target, and dive down when proper.
The "From Below" is actually "Keep My attitude" that keeps tracking computer's attitude in a range near the attitude you set, and climb up(sometimes dive down) when the horizontal distance is close enough.

If you are considering adding to this awesome mod could you create a parameter for the turning force the block has. It is very hard to build a missile that actually hits the target while going fast as loads of wing panels have to be added for stabilization/control which increase the mass which makes the missile turn slower - don't know for sure if its related but after the update my old missiles turn a lot slower.:(
People from tieba also have feedbacks of slower turning force. I think I can create a parameter for the turning force, but it will not be greater than current angular speed .

only slight gripe with the turret mechanics is that they oscillate fractionally when targeting. It might be worth including a dampening factor to minimize this maybe? maybe take the difference between current and target angles into account.
Oh, ok, I will try that XD.

I am actually planning to make a Drone Mod, but I think the modified turret has the function of locking a target as the simulation starts.
well, not that useful though.
The Drone mod is after Shield Mod ;) you just have to wait~

This mod is not working the block is not showing up in the modded blocks list i tried it with spaars modloader 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 can someone help me?