TheCVB's Mod Releases [Spaar's Modloader]

TheCVB

From now on I'm going to release every mod I create or update here, because I don't want to spam the forum with threads everytime. This keeps all my releases in one place and let's me organize them better.

Mod Releases:

(v0.32) Axis Lock Block (Name needs improvement):
  • It can lock every axis of the block (position and rotation)
  • Basically an improved anchor block
  • Looks bad and has some bugs I failed to resolve
(v0.45) Yet Another Laser Attempt:
  • It's a laser. Sets people on fire. Burns their houses/tents down.
  • For unexplainable reasons, it can create explosions.
  • Supports 3 modes: Ignite, Freeze, and Move.
  • Known issue: Can only freeze parts of the machine.
Mod Updates:

(v0.3) Level Maker Mod (Credits to ZiMMy & TesseractCat):
  • obsolete -- use the level maker uploaded by TheBeardedBeast instead
  • You can can't make levels with it...
  • Pretty obvious how to use it, if you have no idea how just look in the original thread.
  • May contain MANY bugs.
Additional Info:
  • Mods requiring BlockLoader are packaged as a zip archive
  • Updated version of Advanced Lasers got removed because of too many bugs, just use the new mod instead. Pretty much the same, just with less cosmetic features and abilities right now.

Attachments

Last edited:

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
The Mods subforum is mostly for releases of mods tho, so it won't really get spammed :p
And Von is keeping the mods organized in the list in one of the stickied threads.

Personally I find it easier with multiple threads in terms of bug-reports/support needed, and people following the threads won't have to get updates about mods they don't use, but it's you're choice. You probably should make sure that you have all your mods in your first post, so people don't have to look through all the pages to find them.
That said, you probably should make one more post so that you can edit that if you run out of space on the first post.

EDIT: reposted to get below reserved spot

Ack, that laser is so dated... FYI crazy forces are fixed by changing OnSimulateUpdate() to OnSimulateFixedUpdate(), and animTick should be moved to OnSimulateUpdate() while being changed to += Pi * Time.deltaTime / etc etc etc.
Alternatively, I heard there's newer, better code over yonder if you want to maintain the mod. I sure can't; the model I have isn't textured and I'm at a loss as to where to go with the rest of the mod.
Also, I updated the anchor recently (and imo my code is slightly more efficient too) but eh :p

@AxeSlash CVB's axis locking block does the exact same thing as my advanced anchor; it locks its own position/rotation in any combination with respect to the world. It's useful if you really want something to stay upright, keep its absolute vertical or horizontal position, or only rotate on a single axis. Apart from the constraints, the block doesn't modify any other block.

@FrizB I never said I was done with it, it's just in 'mod limbo' because I'm not sure where to go with it.. I could straight up port it right now if you want, but I don't feel like it's ready for any sort of public release at the moment. @seukari hasn't finished the model (nor been able to work on it recently? idk), the laser can only ignite things (none of the other fancy stuff in the v0.27 release), and the optics block doesn't feel very intuitive to use in some of its modes (by virtue of the model being sort of bad). I was working on some sort of crazy programmable computer thing to go with it, but @Lench's scripter mod is better in pretty much every way compared to what I was thinking of, so I'd rather make sure the laser mod integrates well with it. Finally, I tried putting in optimisations into the mod to make sure it generates as little lag as possible, but what I have doesn't exactly help much so I kinda want to try and finish that too.

tbh I'm tired of working on lasers. I'll release what I have if even one person wants it, then we'll see if I can just port over the last little things from v0.27 alongside working in a little bit of scripter integration and I'll just say it's done for now. I might come back to it to add new features and make it even better, but that might not happen for even a year or two. We shall see.

I reuploaded some of the mods now to make them compatible with the new update. Seems like it updated completely fine and everything is the same as in 0.3. (Btw, because i was bored i added a repulsion mode to the laser that i didn't release yet.)

@
@FrizB I never said I was done with it, it's just in 'mod limbo' because I'm not sure where to go with it.. I could straight up port it right now if you want, but I don't feel like it's ready for any sort of public release at the moment. @seukari hasn't finished the model (nor been able to work on it recently? idk), the laser can only ignite things (none of the other fancy stuff in the v0.27 release), and the optics block doesn't feel very intuitive to use in some of its modes (by virtue of the model being sort of bad). I was working on some sort of crazy programmable computer thing to go with it, but @Lench's scripter mod is better in pretty much every way compared to what I was thinking of, so I'd rather make sure the laser mod integrates well with it. Finally, I tried putting in optimisations into the mod to make sure it generates as little lag as possible, but what I have doesn't exactly help much so I kinda want to try and finish that too.

tbh I'm tired of working on lasers. I'll release what I have if even one person wants it, then we'll see if I can just port over the last little things from v0.27 alongside working in a little bit of scripter integration and I'll just say it's done for now. I might come back to it to add new features and make it even better, but that might not happen for even a year or two. We shall see.
Ok. I see now. I was just looking for a basic laser anyway. Also, I still haven't gotten my head around @Lench 's scripting mod yet. Do I actually need to know how to script in Lua in order to use it? looks complicated :)

I reuploaded some of the mods now to make them compatible with the new update. Seems like it updated completely fine and everything is the same as in 0.3. (Btw, because i was bored i added a repulsion mode to the laser that i didn't release yet.)
HI again.I just gave it a try. Laser block appears but there is only a momentary flicker of laser when I start simul then no reponse.

Ok. I tried again along all axis and got surprising results! they work fine alongs certain axis in certain direction but not in others [see pic] in the axis in which there appears to be no laser light there actually is! but it goes backward!
thanks for your continued help btw
weird laser behaviours.JPG

I thought that too but there is only one showing! I did swap it out for the latest this morning. tho. I wonder, is it possible for one updated mod to have a duplicate of the older version contained within it by accident?

@ITR a bit OT here but I am also getting an intersection warning when I try to place pins...could the two probs be related?
(ik clutching at straws here)