TGYD`s Building Tools [spaar`s Mod Loader] [for v0.45]

how do i fix the red question marks with white backgrounds? by the way there's an annoying error that complains about there being 2 resource folders, is it ok for the building tool resources folder to be renamed if i cant have two of the same name? Thanks and epic mod

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
how do i fix the red question marks with white backgrounds? by the way there's an annoying error that complains about there being 2 resource folders, is it ok for the building tool resources folder to be renamed if i cant have two of the same name? Thanks and epic mod
You can't rename the resource folder, you have to merge it. That should solve your issue too

Is there any way to change the keybindings for the tools, of all the keys, WASD are used and it is difficult to build. This is especially true when placing struts on opposite sides of blocks, as you cannot move the camera while the mouse is clicked(for mac users).

ITR

Staff member
can't select any blocks? when i click instead it only builds/spawns another block even if unlocked on the top left with the turqoise lock
Did you make sure selection mode is on? What does the console say? (ctrl+k)

The mod looks like its great but for some reason it doesn't work for me. I followed the directions, have Spaar's Mod Loader (and I've already used it to download Easy Scale Mod) but for some reason almost all the tools come up with a big question mark image over them. Could someone please help?
P.S: I used WinRar for the .zip archive

ITR

Staff member
The mod looks like its great but for some reason it doesn't work for me. I followed the directions, have Spaar's Mod Loader (and I've already used it to download Easy Scale Mod) but for some reason almost all the tools come up with a big question mark image over them. Could someone please help?
P.S: I used WinRar for the .zip archive
It means you haven't installed the resources correctly, the resource folder in the zip should be merged with the one in the mods folder

just as GeorgeCW mentioned, is there any way to alter the keybindings (using the CTRL+J from the modloader of from an external file)? I also prefer using WSAD to pan the camera, but i cannot do that with the building tool tab open. As far as I have checked (ingame and in the folders) i cannot customize the keybinding (yet). It would be great if this would be implemented.
Note, unlike GeorgeCW, I use windows as OS

ITR

Staff member
just as GeorgeCW mentioned, is there any way to alter the keybindings (using the CTRL+J from the modloader of from an external file)? I also prefer using WSAD to pan the camera, but i cannot do that with the building tool tab open. As far as I have checked (ingame and in the folders) i cannot customize the keybinding (yet). It would be great if this would be implemented.
Note, unlike GeorgeCW, I use windows as OS
Try holding the right mouse button while using WASD to move the camera with building tools open

I have a bug to report. With this mod installed, whenever I start a simulation in game it resets the camera to the center of mass. It also resets the camera to the center of mass when I click the keymapper + parameter tuning.

I am using Windows 10 and I'm not exactly an expert at getting mods for my games other than with the steam workshop, so I wanted to know how exactly I would download and use this mod. I am playing around in the file explorer and I go to downloads and see the ModLoader Installer and the BuildingTools-v0.74 (I can go into the BuldingTools and see an application extender labelled "BuildingTools.dll" and a file folder labelled "Resources"), what should I do now?

ITR

Staff member
I am using Windows 10 and I'm not exactly an expert at getting mods for my games other than with the steam workshop, so I wanted to know how exactly I would download and use this mod. I am playing around in the file explorer and I go to downloads and see the ModLoader Installer and the BuildingTools-v0.74 (I can go into the BuldingTools and see an application extender labelled "BuildingTools.dll" and a file folder labelled "Resources"), what should I do now?
Run the installer, put the dll and resources folder in the "Mods" folder it creates

I opened the spaar's mod loader installer twice and clicked "Install Mod Loader" but by the looks of it I don't see a Mods folder all it says at the end is "Done. You can now close the installer and run Besiege."

ITR

Staff member
I opened the spaar's mod loader installer twice and clicked "Install Mod Loader" but by the looks of it I don't see a Mods folder all it says at the end is "Done. You can now close the installer and run Besiege."
Inside the path it installs the modload (in the text field, should be Besiege's path), there should be some folders, either one of those is the mods folder, or it's in one of them, or it's one layer above.

Inside the path it installs the modload (in the text field, should be Besiege's path), there should be some folders, either one of those is the mods folder, or it's in one of them, or it's one layer above.
When I go into the modloader installer there is a browse button up top and when I click on it it shows the Program Files (x86) folder and a bunch of others including steam. When I click on that it bring up steam apps, then common, then my games and besiege included. After clicking on besiege it categorizes into "Besiege-Data" and "Installer". Clicking on "Besiege-Data" brings up folders labelled "Manage", "Mods", "Mono", etc. Then when I click on "Mods" it brings up 3 folders labelled "Blocks", "Config", and "Resources". Can you guide me with any of that information? I would really like to have this mod and am very sorry if I am frustrating you in anyway.