Temporary Mods for 0.6

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Since Spaar's modloader isn't updated yet, and it will take some time before mods get updated, here are some mods you can use in the meantime that uses Unity Plugin Manager.

To install them, first download upm.Zip from this page: https://github.com/UnityPluginManager/PluginManager/releases
Note that you have to scroll down a little, it's the 1.0 release

Unzip the contents into your Steam\steamapps\common\Besiege folder (there should be Besiege.exe and a folder named Besiege_Data inside it), and drag Besiege.exe onto "PluginManager.Installer.exe"

Afterwards, create a folder named "Plugins" in the same folder (unless it's already created), then download the dlls that are attached to this thread into it. Do not move them out of this folder.

It should look like this when you're done

If there's a folder named "upm" in there, then do the following:
double click the folder
press ctrl+a
press ctrl+x
press backspace
press ctrl+v

then continue from "drag Besiege.exe onto PluginManager.Installer.exe"

Some notes, DiscountNoBounds doesn't have the multi-keymap functionality from NoBounds, DiscountColliderMod has the manual show collider set to Q, and DiscountPostPlace is just a quick port of a badly coded mod I made a few years back: http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/...tplace-mod-spaar-s-modloader-besiege-0-2.770/

None of these mods will work by using spaar's modloader, but you can safely install the plugin-manager on top of the modloader if you choose to do so later. To uninstall the plugin-manager, simply just drag the exe onto it again.

Update:
@Pixali and @Lench made/updated two mods using this system too
EasyScale by Lench: http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/index.php?threads/easy-scale-mod-besiege-v0-45.3314/ (scroll down to the download and choose "Download for Multiverse (v0.60)")
Aeiou2 by Pixali: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/214727575770103808/389879204218667028/Aeiou2.zip (The contents must be extracted into the "Besiege" folder)

Attachments

Last edited:

Sanpyr

also, it doesn't seem to work, I followed the instructions, when I try to use DiscountNobounds (the only one I am using, for now), it doesn't work, it just sets it to the max allowed value for vanilla...

ITR

Staff member
also, it doesn't seem to work, I followed the instructions, when I try to use DiscountNobounds (the only one I am using, for now), it doesn't work, it just sets it to the max allowed value for vanilla...
Figured it out, turns out I was telling people to use the wrong version of UPM, what you want is the 1.0 version named just "upm.zip"

I've fixed the main post too

ITR

Staff member
Quick update, had forgotten to do some stuff with the window for PostPlace, so redownload that if you downloaded it earlier

ITR

Staff member
discountnobounds doesn't work with either, still trying to get it working. thanks for clarification though
If you installed it following the new instructions in the post, it should work. Other people have managed to get it to work now.

Possible solution: discountnobounds wasn't working at all similar to the person above me's problem, but then I created a text doccument, named it "upm", launched the game and it started working.

bad tutorial.

in what folder should there be a "upm" folder in?
are you suppost to drag Besiege.exe onto PluginManager.Installer.exe twice?
how do you uninstall?
also it ruins your skins and you cant load any workshop mechs

ITR

Staff member
bad tutorial.

in what folder should there be a "upm" folder in?
are you suppost to drag Besiege.exe onto PluginManager.Installer.exe twice?
how do you uninstall?
also it ruins your skins and you cant load any workshop mechs
Depending on how you unzip it might unzip it into a subfolder named upm, that part is just in case somebody did that mistake, if you don't have the folder you can just ignore that part

If you shift click the folder you have everything in, then select "Open command window here", then type in "PluginManager.Installer.exe" and press enter, it should say one of three things:
Plugin manager installed. (in which case it wasn't installed and it's now installed)
Plugin manager uninstalled. (in which case it was installed and now it's uninstalled)
Or it will have some other error, possibly giving you a pop-up, in which case something went wrong and you might have to type it in one more time to make it work