TCat`s Ground Deformation Mod ( v0.35)

Orz_PX

New features:
- realtime (almost) terrain deformation (computational heavy, can be very laggy if enabled on an old computer or with a large machine)
- Three additional terrain materials (simulated) can be selected: muddy terrain, sandy terrain and grass terrain, each type will have its own deformation property.
- updated boundary removal, now it can be recovered
- Can now apply textures to the terrain. The texture file should be either jpg or png with resolution 1024*1024. The textures should be placed in this path: /Mods/Blocks/Textures/

New download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q61qcpd5rfr2acj/deformationMod.zip?dl=0

==================Below are old stuff==================
Updated to v0.3

- Add a button to remove the world's boundary
- Bigger ground (compared with the old one)
- Ground deformation is smoothened
- Will not replace the ground in the new sandbox

===================The following is the old stuff====================
Took the code from MaxTCC and fixed various things.

Fixed:
  1. WORKING WITH 0.27 YAYYYYY!
  2. You do not have to load a machine before loading the saved ground
  3. Environmental light is brought back to normal, as MaxTCC tried dimming it to solve the floor being toooo bright
  4. Some other things maybe I just haven't notice
Things haven't tested:
  1. Saving a ground profile (loading is working fine and profiles for earlier versions are working fine, too)
  2. Interaction with pre-loaded items (like trees, soldiers etc) in levels
  3. Other things I haven't thought of
Known bugs:
  1. Floor colour is slightly different, can be unnoticeable (thanks wang_w571 to point it out)
  2. Some other bugs that I haven't found, please tell me

Last edited:

Orz_PX

There is a button called "Save Terrain" .
You just type a name in the text field next to that button and then click the button, the terrain is then saved.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
xXxBreakingWindxXx said:
how do i get this piece of **** TO WORK
Depends on what you're doing wrong/how it's not working :p
Like, does it not load? Does the brushes not work? Did you forget to install the modloader?

...ive heard rumours of mods (or rather, ive used these mods secretly ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) ...rumours of mods that have ground deformation AND ground textures AND (possbly) realistic looking WATER!

well there is only one issue i ave with the mod right now and they are not that bad:

id like a smoothing brush to smooth out terrain

and id like diffrent shaped brushes maby a circle instead of a square.

Orz_PX

well there is only one issue i ave with the mod right now and they are not that bad:

id like a smoothing brush to smooth out terrain

and id like diffrent shaped brushes maby a circle instead of a square.
The smooth feature is already integrated with the brush, and unlike the old version the possibility of having spikes has been drastically reduced.