spaar's Mod Loader (1.7.1) [Besiege v0.45a]

Discussion in 'Besiege: Modding' started by spaar, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Dark Titi

Dark Titi New Member

I've tried that already.
    The path I have selected is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Besiege
    The installer would not let me choose specifically besiege_data. It cannot go further than Besiege.

upload_2017-6-17_19-2-9.png

2. Dark Titi

Dark Titi New Member

I've tried Besiege\Besiege_Data\Mods and it does not work.

3. ITR

ITR l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ Staff Member

Have you tried doing a manual install?

4. spaar

spaar Member

As ITR said, a manual install should still always work.
    Alternatively, I have just uploaded a new version of the installer. You can try using that, if it also encounters an error it will give you the option to copy an error message to the clipboard. You can then paste that in here, that should help me diagnose what's wrong with the installer.

5. Dark Titi

Dark Titi New Member

Okay.
    So I have downloaded the new version and tried it. It still does not work. I don't know what a manual installation is (yes, I'm useless with computers) but I am happy to try whatever you ask me to do if you explain it to me :)
    Here is the error message: sorry it's part French, it says at the beginning that access was denied

L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Besiege\Installer\extracted' est refusé.:
    à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    à System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
    à System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
    à spaar.ModLoader.Installer.Installer.InstallModLoader(String besiegeLocation, ModLoaderVersion version, Boolean developer)
    à spaar.ModLoader.Installer.FormInstaller.btnInstall_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

6. spaar

spaar Member

That looks like you're not running the installer as administrator. It doesn't have sufficient permissions to delete some files it previously created. Try right-clicking the installer choosing "Run as administrator". If that still doesn't work, post the error message again, it should be a different one that time.

7. Dark Titi

Dark Titi New Member

Oh yeah, my bad. There you go:

L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Besiege\Installer\extracted\Assembly-UnityScript.dll' est refusé.:
    à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    à System.IO.Compression.ZipFileExtensions.ExtractToFile(ZipArchiveEntry source, String destinationFileName, Boolean overwrite)
    à System.IO.Compression.ZipFileExtensions.ExtractToDirectory(ZipArchive source, String destinationDirectoryName)
    à System.IO.Compression.ZipFile.ExtractToDirectory(String sourceArchiveFileName, String destinationDirectoryName, Encoding entryNameEncoding)
    à spaar.ModLoader.Installer.Installer.InstallModLoader(String besiegeLocation, ModLoaderVersion version, Boolean developer)
    à spaar.ModLoader.Installer.FormInstaller.btnInstall_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

8. spaar

spaar Member

I released another installer update, that should (hopefully) fix this problem. It will now also just ask for administrator access if it needs it.

In case this still doesn't work and you'd rather just have a working mod loader instead of continuing to try to fix this, the instructions for the manual installation that we mentioned earlier are also included in the main post in this thread.

9. Dark Titi

Dark Titi New Member

I'm afraid it still does not do. I'll try the manual installation.
    upload_2017-6-18_15-36-33.png

10. Dark Titi

Dark Titi New Member

Done. It works!
    Thank you for taking the time mate :)

11. Pootis Pancakes

Pootis Pancakes New Member

I can press every button in the game exept for the button that lets me use the machines

12. spaar

spaar Member

Do you mean the "play" or "simulate" button? If so, does pressing space instead work? And are you sure this is a problem with the mod loader? (That means, does it not happen without the mod loader, but does happen with the mod loader but without mods?)

13. squiggles66

squiggles66 New Member

i got a virus warning why? please answer or explain
    i dont want to try something to ruin my computer

14. ITR

15. Besiege Nova

Besiege Nova New Member

hey hi I'm new to besiege modding so I wanted a modloader but apparently the modloader does not work on my version of windows so my question is is the modloader not compatible with windows 10 or is it just my pc's glitch

16. ITR

It works with windows 10, so you probably installed something incorrectly

17. Besiege Nova

Besiege Nova New Member

i couldn't get the installer to work is what I'm saying

18. ITR

Check through the previous last 3 pages on this thread and see if any of the mentioned solutions work for you

19. Besiege Nova

Besiege Nova New Member

nothing for the current version guess ill have to wait for the mod author
    :(

20. ITR

Yes it is, you're doing something wrong