Something wrong with aerodynamics?

Discussion in 'Besiege: General Discussion' started by planeguy, Aug 2, 2017.

1. planeguy

planeguy New Member

I only started playing 0.45 recently, up until I now I was playing the 0.30 version. One thing I've noticed in 0.45 is that planes have a tendency to roll and yaw to the right all by themselves, which can be pretty annoying and inconvenient when flying since I have to constantly make small corrections to counter it.

Here you can see what I'm talking about:
    Plane taking off anf flying up and straight in 0.30
    https://my.mixtape.moe/zkdjwk.webm
    Same plane taking off and then going to the right without any control input in 0.45
    https://my.mixtape.moe/fknear.webm

This is the exact same machine running in both 0.30 and 0.45, and the plane's center of mass and center of lift are perfectly balanced and centerline with the fuselage, so it shouldn't be doing that. It's not torque either, since that jet engine doesn't produce any torque (and it happens with flying blocks and kinetic lasers as well). This is happening to all my planes, except a couple moderately big ones which don't seem to suffer from this as much as the small and medium sized ones.

If this is not intended (and I don't see why it would be) then I need it fixed as soon as possible

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Epleskrott likes this.
  2. ITR

ITR l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ Staff Member

Strange, though keep in mind there is a chance it's an error in Unity/PhysX

3. DJSigmann

DJSigmann New Member

I have similar problems, even on land occasionally. Not much help, but just saying that the aforementioned problem isn't limited to you.

4. Ubus

Ubus New Member

noticed it as well.

5. Shade

Shade Active Member

Epleskrott likes this.
  6. planeguy

planeguy New Member

So I have to delete and un-delete all my planes piece by piece? Christ that's gonna be tedious

7. ITR

You can just modify the .bsg file directly with a text editor

8. planeguy

planeguy New Member

And what would I need to change?

9. Shade

Shade Active Member

no its not that simple.
    unless you know something that i don't and can even create a program that do it automatically

10. ITR

If it's just changing the order of the blocks to have the mirrored pieces be directly after other? I guess that probably would be more tedious for hand, yeah.

Though you could write a program, yeah, take in a midpoint and axis, then mirror all blocks over it then find what block of the same type has the closest position and put them after each other. It would be easiest to ignore braceesques for that though

11. Shade

Shade Active Member

a program? yes please, @CCCanyon would love it