Slack Team

spaar

Hey,

I just wanted to announce that there is now a slack team for everything related to Besiege Modding. We originally created this for working together on the mod loader, but figured we might as well use it for everything related to developing Besiege mods.
Slack is a really nice team communication tool, you can take a look at their website if you want to know more.
If you are a modder and want to join, we'll need an email address to send an invitation to. The easiest way to do that is if you just PM it to me here on the forums.

The idea is sort of similiar to the Steam group, except that Slack is much nicer for this kind of thing than Steam (at least in my opinion)

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
An actual chat log <3

ITR

Staff member
Does it have some sort of task-list-system? Since I seriously need something like that to make up for my bad memory :/

spaar

ITR said:
Does it have some sort of task-list-system? Since I seriously need something like that to make up for my bad memory :/
Slack itself doesn't AFAIK. But BitteWenden added an integration for something called Asana to it, that might be what you are looking for. You should have gotten an invitatino to it via e-mail.

ITR

Staff member
Displayter. said:
i dont understand whats the point we already have forums to chat on
i want to join anyway :eek:
It's for modders to easily give support and talk about modding. If you don't plan on doing any modding or anything similar, there's not really any reason for you to join :p

It depends, Displayter. We want people to participate in the chat room and discuss Besiege, but we can't tolerate spammers or any annoyance. We'd be happy to see you in the slack team if you are willng to vow the Besieger's code I just came up with now.

Fellow Besieger, do you solemnly swear to be loyal to all members and respectful to higher status, as well as exchange your insight and knowledge of Besiege with all worthy of it?

ITR

Staff member
Once again, slack is for modders, there's no criteria for joining, except doing modding. There can be both spammers and annoyance in it :p
To clarify, "modder" doesn't mean "has made a mod", just wanting to do modding, or working on one is enough.

ITR

Staff member
That can be done through the forum.