Shouldn`t we need some measurement units?

My opinion. Measurements are important in real life, but they are in besiege too. Think about challenges: We can't give us precise limits about the lenght and the height of a vehicle. One could tell: "It's long 15 blocks!" but i think we should need some "universal" measurements unit. Think about the velocity of a vehicle: We could make a speedometer somehow, but then? Which units are we using for velocity?
We arleady have them on mass (Units of ballasts) and for time (Real life seconds).

Of course if we define some universal units, we should need a sample.

What do you think about this problem?

-------
Decided measurement units:

Mass: The ballast weight parameter.
Time: Real seconds.
-------
To decide:

Lenght: Probably meters, thanks to modders.
Rotation speed (alias RPM): Maybe a comparison with the Wheel Speed parameter?
Speed: Unknown, probably modders will come in our help.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Most regular blocks are 1 meter long, if I remember correctly.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Unity uses meters as default :p

It would be great if there was a toggleable grid that shows every square meter on a map, and the vehicle's velocity (defined from the fastest speed the vehicle is going in a certain direction) in the stats GUI.

Shade

TekmastR said:
It would be great if there was a toggleable grid that shows every square meter on a map, and the vehicle's velocity (defined from the fastest speed the vehicle is going in a certain direction) in the stats GUI.
Grid on the map? I believe its possible to achive with the Ground Texture mod

I could probably, easily make a mod that makes the inagme grid (the one that is below the ground) toggleable.

Tell me if you would like that.

I was just creating a tachometer, and i have got an idea: We could use the "Wheel Speed" parameter of the wheels (Like using ballast weight parameter for mass) for measurable rotation velocity (alias RPM)

I agree with ITAsimo. We need a tachymetre mod, where you can start and stop a clock, and then calculates your average speed by dividing distance (in blocks) by time.

Yes, they do rotate at the same RPM. The more a wheel is big (at the same speed), the more space it takes to have a complete rotation, and it seems slower, but it isn't.

Not apparently to my swatch clock. Tachymetres are a general apparatus that calculate speed through distance divided by time. After all, that's what speed is.

I'd rather go with velocity though, since a lot of vehicles don't use wheels or rpm and it would be better to generalize it through velocity.