Share your first successful machine!

Discussion in 'Besiege: General Discussion' started by Redstoneman, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Redstoneman

Redstoneman Member

Hey Besiegers!
    I would like to know where the fun with Besiege started for you all:
    • What task did you tackle first after completing all the levels?
    • What were you inspired by while building your first successful machine?
    When sharing, please do not post more than a single image outside of spoilers, to keep the thread clean.
    Feel free to include the .bsg files of your builds or post links to the steam workshop!
    [HR][/HR] Here's my first ever creation that took off the ground:

[​IMG]

It is the same Osprey from my profile picture. Its rotors were inspired by the Flying Aircraft Carrier by Zynek (YT link) and the cockpit + control layout by Praesumo's Apache (Old Forum thread link).
    It does not fit in the box, it's pretty slow, it looks like a flying chunk of wood, but man, the satisfaction I felt when it took up into the sky...

Download link + controls:
    Link to Steam Workshop

Up, Down - Increase/decrease lift

Left, Right - Roll left and right

I
    J K L - I & K for tilting forwards and backwards, J & K for turning

O, U - Tilting the rotors

G - Landing Gear

C - Nose cannon

2. Prevenge

Prevenge Member

The Osprey. I remember it well ...was when I was into flying machines also. I beat levels with dumb simple machines that I didnt really care about and deleted after. Not positive but I think the Kamov KA-50 Hokum was my first machine that I even uploaded.
    [​IMG]

Worked decently but it would look a lot different if I were to rebuild it from scratch now. Beating the levels was easy. My inspiration came when I started building big mechs. Roughshod ...as clumsy as it is was...was my second and probably my favorite of my first machines though. Something about awkwardly stumbling over to a Tolbrynd building...having to reset the sim several times due to glitch physics or losing balance and falling over ....only to totally decimate it with the spike-ball flails , grab it and head-butt it into rubble or just tear it apart with the grabber arms ....so satisfying. I still plan on updating it with the knowledge I have gained building other stuff.

[​IMG]

Even my time building helis paid off....I just uploaded my Kestrel mech...the second version actually flies using a detachable dual tilt-rotor airframe.

Attached Files

3. Redstoneman

Redstoneman Member

Heh, I see we both started in the air :p
    Nice job on the Kestrel frame too, looks damn awesome!

4. Prevenge

Prevenge Member

Thanks man...We were sorta informally collaborating on the full cyclic tilt rotor mast at the time if you remember ;)

5. TheGusGus42

TheGusGus42 New Member

[​IMG]

Boy oh boy did I have fun with this machine...
    It's what inspired me to work on quads and other blade powered flying machines, even though it isn't one itself XD Basically it would launch the 'drone' into stuff and explodes... basic concept, really fun!

Attached Files

6. Redstoneman

Redstoneman Member

Sure do c:

7. Mumon

Mumon Member

8. Redstoneman

Redstoneman Member

That is one huge aircraft, my PC can only handle 17% speed ;_;

9. Mumon

Mumon Member

yea it is kinda big but the archangel was 4 times the size of that and was still able to fly

10. TheGusGus42

TheGusGus42 New Member

Feels so awkward to have this as my first while everyone else has massive, beautiful machines XD

11. Prevenge

Prevenge Member

I like your machine. Its simple but effective at destroying things. and neither of the machines i posted was anywhere close to my first machine lol. I believe my first machine was a crappy cart thing with steering hinges to turn that broke off all the time. It had a terrible catapult on the back that usually flipped the whole machine over on its face and only threw the bomb far enough to keep it from blowing itself up. I crammed saws and cannons on every square inch of it , deleted the catapult and covered the top in armor for zone 5. Then I think I deleted the whole thing and started another with tank steering after that cause it kept falling apart. The two I posted were just the first that I consider successful at accomplishing what my goal was while building them.

12. Redstoneman

Redstoneman Member

TheGusGus42 You were just lucky enough to have one of your very early contraptions achieve success, don't worry about it being simple xD

13. Redstoneman

Redstoneman Member

I like its simple appearance, and the traditional turning looks lovely

14. AntonySmitherson

AntonySmitherson New Member

15. Redstoneman

Redstoneman Member

Oooh, an armored transporter, will check it out when you're done! c:

16. AntonySmitherson

Haha yeah kind of :)) Do you have any page or something to check out your vehicles? :p

17. Redstoneman

Redstoneman Member

18. AntonySmitherson

19. Redstoneman

Redstoneman Member

The T-90 looks so realistic o: I have trouble running it though, without invincibility the rear gear seems to be screwing up the hull, and with invincibility the entire machine seems to be awkwardly... anchored to its position... I have no idea what's going on >_>

20. AntonySmitherson

I know thats the biggest issue with building such vehicles its impossible without invincibility so i recomend it! And i wrote down in the comments there at the T-90 post what you have to do if its stuck so u just have to remove the 2 wooden poles at the front at the right and left of the tracks.. the controls are there in the describsion too... pls tell me if it helped?