SensorMod [Spaar`s Automatron 1.1.1+] [Besiege 0.32+]

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
could it be possible to keep the locations of the explosion global as opposed to local if thats even possible. Right now I think when a bomb explodes it freezes the location relative the the box. I'm trying to make a supped up "chaff" launcher to hit missiles fired at an aircraft and I wouldn't care if the explosion freezes globally because you hardly every fly through the same spot twice and even if you do, not for long.

quick fix maybe?: create a action to scale the trigger to 0 during the script. This would let you trigger the script, scale it to nothing, destroy bomb and scale box back up after and hopefully it would stop triggering the script after everything has left the zone. You could try doing this through implementing acm for the sensor block maybe?
When a bomb explodes it has no position at all, hence the problem. It's gone, dead, exploded, null.
If you look for any other part of the missiles, like, if there's a grabber connected to them, or if you use ballasts instead of explosions, it probably would work.

I can make a thingy that activates the script whenever _anything_ enters the sensor, no matter if something is in it already or not, that might work for your purposes. As for ACM, what exactly do you have in mind?

When a bomb explodes it has no position at all, hence the problem. It's gone, dead, exploded, null.
If you look for any other part of the missiles, like, if there's a grabber connected to them, or if you use ballasts instead of explosions, it probably would work.

I can make a thingy that activates the script whenever _anything_ enters the sensor, no matter if something is in it already or not, that might work for your purposes. As for ACM, what exactly do you have in mind?
For ACM you could use the offset/scale/rotation parameters for x,y,z to get round this explosion problem:

maybe something like this:

setup acm controller on a few keys to scale trigger zone to zero OR move/rotate it where you know the bomb won't explode OR a combination!
sensor mod script:
[
at start of sensor mod script trigger acm key to move zone out of the way
then run script to destroy bombs(s), bombs are hopefully destroyed outside trigger to get round the bug of the ghost bomb.
delay? depending on usage
trigger acm key to return trigger to before bombs entered zone
]

I think this would not only be useful in this situation but the ability to control rotation/scale/offset could be very useful for autonomous navigation.

Just a thought. probably many better ways to avoid this bug!

For ACM you could use the offset/scale/rotation parameters for x,y,z to get round this explosion problem:

maybe something like this:

setup acm controller on a few keys to scale trigger zone to zero OR move/rotate it where you know the bomb won't explode OR a combination!
sensor mod script:
[
at start of sensor mod script trigger acm key to move zone out of the way
then run script to destroy bombs(s), bombs are hopefully destroyed outside trigger to get round the bug of the ghost bomb.
delay? depending on usage
trigger acm key to return trigger to before bombs entered zone
]

I think this would not only be useful in this situation but the ability to control rotation/scale/offset could be very useful for autonomous navigation.

Just a thought. probably many better ways to avoid this bug!
oh and if you do plan on implementing the acm it would probably be worth it to include an option to both rotate the sensor zone around its own axis and separatly around the automatron block.

Lench

oh and if you do plan on implementing the acm it would probably be worth it to include an option to both rotate the sensor zone around its own axis and separatly around the automatron block.
Why not just rotate the sensor block. I don't think acm is the right tool for that.

Why not just rotate the sensor block. I don't think acm is the right tool for that.
True, but what if you wanted the sensor block zone to rotate within one frame by 180 degrees if you're doing fast stuff( like trying to stop bombs exploding in the zone to get round this bug)? You'd have to worrying about parts breaking. Or what if you wanted to rotate the zone in more than one axis at once. I think things become rather flimsy when you try doing that in besiege.

Sensor Mod does not work with Automatron 0.32 for me. To be fair it hasnt been updated since 0.27 but it did work with 0.3, so thats weird. If installed the automatron blocks simply have nothing in their interface. Is there a fix or will i just have to wait for it to be updated?

ITR

Staff member
Sensor Mod does not work with Automatron 0.32 for me. To be fair it hasnt been updated since 0.27 but it did work with 0.3, so thats weird. If installed the automatron blocks simply have nothing in their interface. Is there a fix or will i just have to wait for it to be updated?
It hasn't been updated since the blockloader was integrated into the modloader

thanks for the update. I have noticed a bug which will append the contents of a script to itself. I think this occurs every simulation but don't know the precise conditions. I think it has something to do with the colliders.

Capture.PNG

ITR

Staff member
thanks for the update. I have noticed a bug which will append the contents of a script to itself. I think this occurs every simulation but don't know the precise conditions. I think it has something to do with the colliders.

View attachment 387
Can you see if you can reproduce it with only the automatron enabled? This seems like something that's more likely to be caused by it

I had more of a look with at the .bsg and I think somehow the saved script (btw I was like scrolling down trying to find a massive block of code for the scripts... I should have scrolled horizontal. This one line of code was hundreds of chars). I tried messing around with only the automaton but I could only get the bug to work with this bsg: 45g.bsg
These were the mods on:Capture.PNG
To be fair this bug many not actually be caused by the sensor mod at all as thats quite a few mods to conflict with and to be honest if its so hard to reproduce then its probably not worth fixing...

Attachments

I had more of a look with at the .bsg and I think somehow the saved script (btw I was like scrolling down trying to find a massive block of code for the scripts... I should have scrolled horizontal. This one line of code was hundreds of chars). I tried messing around with only the automaton but I could only get the bug to work with this bsg: 45g.bsg
These were the mods on:Capture.PNG
To be fair this bug many not actually be caused by the sensor mod at all as thats quite a few mods to conflict with and to be honest if its so hard to reproduce then its probably not worth fixing...
Now I think it might actually be do do with the copy and paste function of TGYD building tools as I've just encountered this bug again after copying a sensor block.

Now I think it might actually be do do with the copy and paste function of TGYD building tools as I've just encountered this bug again after copying a sensor block.
Just came here to talk about the same thing. When copying a sensor block with TGYD building tools the orginal blocks commands get lost and the new ones dont work quite either. A real shame. Means we gotta do it all manually. :(

ITR

Staff member
Just came here to talk about the same thing. When copying a sensor block with TGYD building tools the orginal blocks commands get lost and the new ones dont work quite either. A real shame. Means we gotta do it all manually. :(
Does it happen with Automatron too? If it does, you'd have to post it there to get it fixed

I've noticed that an automatron block with the "loop" setting on will always start on. Is there a way you could make it so that it starts off and then can be activated later?

ITR

Staff member
I've noticed that an automatron block with the "loop" setting on will always start on. Is there a way you could make it so that it starts off and then can be activated later?
I think there was some option on the block that changed that, I can check later if you don't find it.

ITR

Staff member
If there is I can't find it.
It's the Reverse option, but it turns out it accidentally checked the sub-menu for the triggers instead of the menu that decides which trigger to use, so I've fixed that now. (Remember to download the new version)