Running Slow

Hi, I used to play this game in 2015/16 and have just re-downloaded it today.

The game is running extremely slowly, at what feels like 1-2 FPS on every screen (loading, menu, options, etc) and it's quite unplayable like this. I had high framerate and no issues when I used to play in 2015/16, and was running a worse MacBook at that time.

Minimum settings make no difference, the game doesn't seem to be straining my CPU at all, the laptop was recently factory reset and no other programs were running.

macOS High Sierra (Version 10.13.6)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Thanks for any help

Is your computer in any sort of power save mode? Sometimes I put mine in a low power mode and forget until I run something CPU intensive like Besiege.

I'm also using a Mac.If double click the game you should see properties click that then click set lunch options click that and put this in: -console +fps_max 99999999 +cl_cmdrate 100 +cl_updaterate 100 -dxlevel 81 -w 1680 -console -refresh 120 -heapsize 1572864 -high -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noipx -nojoy

If you don't understand go on to youtube and look up "How to make steam games less laggy"

I'm using a MacBook Air 2012 edition.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Try redownloading it, if that doesn't work, share your output log so we can see if we spot anything

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Oh, and if you're not using the steam version you can launch the game through the console with the parameters franz suggested