RocketMod v4 [0.10][spaar`s mod loader]

ZiMMy

Features
- Flametheowers can produce thrust
- No time limit for fire

Installation
Copy the downloaded file to \Besiege_Data\Mods in your Besiege folder. spaar's Mod Loader must be installed.

Changelog
Version 4 - settings don't reset after loading a machine
Version 3 - flamethrower settings remain after changing the level (but not after loading a saved machine yet)
Version 2 - no more time limit

Version from stellHex

Spaar's modloader 1.0.0 version from ITR

Attached Files
RocketMod.dll

Great mod,
I understand this might be hard but any chance that after setting thrust values they don't reset after loading the next level/loading from .bsg etc?

ZiMMy

cold2blood said:
Great mod,
I understand this might be hard but any chance that after setting thrust values they don't reset after loading the next level/loading from .bsg etc?
I don't know how to do this yet.

Every block has a component which has a .sliderValue property that you can use to store the thrust value; the Besiege engine will automatically save this and transfer it to the next level as well.

ZiMMy

stellHex The mod adds components bombs dynamically. Level change or loading resets everything and the added components are not saved after that. This is the problem.

yes, what i am saying is use the MyBlockInfo component which already exists to store the slider value, and then access that from your dynamically-added component to set the thrust value.

ZiMMy

Update. Now flamethrower settings aren't reset after changing the level. However, I still don't know how to keep them with saved machines.

Maybe in the MachineLoader class(I think that's its name), there is a property "name". And in the MachineSaver class(different name I think, but don't have time to look it up), there should be a property "name". So you could call the name of the Machine through the MachineSaver class and add it into a text file in the SavedMachines folder. If a machine is loaded, you could get the name of it through the MachineLoader class and get the settings out of your text file by using the name of the machine as the key value.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
How would you know when it's called though? Since you're using the modloader

ZiMMy said:
Update. Now flamethrower settings aren't reset after changing the level. However, I still don't know how to keep them with saved machines.
That doesn't make any sense. MyBlockInfo stores all the things that the game saves from. Are you absolutely 100% sure that it doesn't also work on saves?

ZiMMy

I'm sure I'll manage to. With the function Object.FindObjectsOfType() you can access any object so you can do a lot even with a mod for the modloader.

that's so bizarre...hmm. OH! Heres why: when you add a FlameModifier to a component, you set the sliderValue to 0. Get rid of that line, and it will work for saves.