Reloadable All Terrain Catapult - help requested

flatron

I've made a catapult with magazine on an all terrain universal platform also made by me. But i got a problem the catapult seems to explode on second shot and i have no idea why.
So how it happens.
1. I aim the catapult and shot
2. I retrack the block that pushes the projectile in the barrel
3. I load another bomb
4. I wait for the whole catapult to stop moving
5. I shot but the bomb travels 1-2 halfpipe blocks and explodes.
It always happens on the second shot it never occurs on the first. I have even tried to move the pusher a bit to simulate that its not straight just as after a shot but it still works on the 1st one and explodes on the 2nd.
If anyone can help me remove this problem ill be very thankful.

Controls:
Arrows for movement
N.M for height
J,H for additional height
L to shoot
K to retrack pusher
G to reload

Attached Files
railgun mk2 AT.bsg

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Could be something with the reloading mechanism not working, fake-reloading before the first shot also makes this happen

flatron

I realised that after reloading the half pipe on pistons is just a bit moved to the right, so its not perfectly lined with the barrel, but i dont know how to prevent this.

flatron said:
I realised that after reloading the half pipe on pistons is just a bit moved to the right, so its not perfectly lined with the barrel, but i dont know how to prevent this.
Could braces help? grabbers?
I think a carefuly placed grabber might solve your problem, I'll download it and see what I can do.

ITR

Staff member
FBSoldier said:
WOW!
My computer can't load it even after the unity 5 update! o_O
I wish I could help but... crashes everytime.
Can you share the crash-log?

ITR said:
Can you share the crash-log?
I deleted it already >.<
I will try to do it again, altough it might have been because in all the times it crashed I loaded other machines first and the game lagged a lot. (that autosave bug maybe)
When it is the first thing I load it isn't that bad. it still lags but doesn't crash.
What do you think? Could it be the autosave bug lagging the game to the point where it crashes? Does that make sense?

ITR

Staff member
If I remember correctly, auto-save happens when you switch level, not when you load machines.
It's more likely to be the memory leak of the images that happen every time you open the save/load menu. That's easily fixable though, just make sure to have less machines in your "savedmachines" folder for now.

ITR No no no no no auto save issue still happens even if you dont switch levels or machines cause the auto save fix helped me even when ı was in sandbox and not loading,saving machines.

ITR

Staff member
Oh, yeah, checked. Luckily they're all disabled.