Reassign All Keys, Default Keys, Binding Config File

This game could really benefit from a key binding config file.

I tend to use the keypad for most of the controls on my machines because I do not like having the camera controls on wsad

I would like to rebind all the keys
camera controls
time controls
delete, rotate, flip
interface, screenshot

If I could rebind all the default keys on the key help menu like I can on the block controls that would be fantastic!
It would also be nice to be able to rebind the default keys for new blocks (and maybe the default slider values)

I've got an AZERTY keyboard (cause i'm french), and the game doesn't allow to switch to QWERTY mode (with SHFT+ALT)... So i'm stuck with the camera controls all over the place, if key binding was allowed this would be solved quickly !

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Can't you just change what the keyboard is set to on your computer? For now I mean.

ITR : sorry for the delay. You mean, like in window, setting to QWERTY, each time I start besieged ?
Key binding is not so difficult, and in a computer 3D program, camera control is something absolutely essential.

update : For a reason I'm not aware of, [SHFT+ALT] now works on my computer... so it solved my problem in short term

Yes, me too.
I would like to have WASD stop controlling the camera if I assign them to control blocks. Or at least to have the option to do this. An option that I can set in the options menu.

this would help me greatly since i tend to build rather big machines who have complicated controlls and this layout limits the space i can actually use

Yep, I've been hoping for this since 2015 haha.
Being able to change the native controls seems like a great though I see one possible problem if everyone doesn't have the same controls,
A simple solution to be able to use WASD (without having to use a camera) while keeping the same controls for everyone (to avoid controls compatibility issues with machines on the workshop) might be to disable the camera controls when starting the simulation.

Shade

Yep, I've been hoping for this since 2015 haha.
Being able to change the native controls seems like a great though I see one possible problem if everyone doesn't have the same controls,
A simple solution to be able to use WASD (without having to use a camera) while keeping the same controls for everyone (to avoid controls compatibility issues with machines on the workshop) might be to disable the camera controls when starting the simulation.
i need wasd precise movement for recording cinematic. maybe a toggle in the settings tab to disable it temporarily if someone decided to use it on machine