Reassign All Keys, Default Keys, Binding Config File

Discussion in 'Besiege: Suggestions Ideas' started by OldVamp, Mar 12, 2015.

1. OldVamp

OldVamp New Member

This game could really benefit from a key binding config file.

I tend to use the keypad for most of the controls on my machines because I do not like having the camera controls on wsad

I would like to rebind all the keys
    camera controls
    time controls
    delete, rotate, flip
    interface, screenshot

If I could rebind all the default keys on the key help menu like I can on the block controls that would be fantastic!
    It would also be nice to be able to rebind the default keys for new blocks (and maybe the default slider values)

2. Bulo

Bulo New Member

+1
    I'd like to use WASD to control machines.

3. Nekonome

Nekonome New Member

I've got an AZERTY keyboard (cause i'm french), and the game doesn't allow to switch to QWERTY mode (with SHFT+ALT)... So i'm stuck with the camera controls all over the place, if key binding was allowed this would be solved quickly !

4. ITR

ITR l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ Staff Member

Can't you just change what the keyboard is set to on your computer? For now I mean.

5. Nekonome

Nekonome New Member

ITR : sorry for the delay. You mean, like in window, setting to QWERTY, each time I start besieged ?
    Key binding is not so difficult, and in a computer 3D program, camera control is something absolutely essential.

update : For a reason I'm not aware of, [SHFT+ALT] now works on my computer... so it solved my problem in short term

6. alkarnur

alkarnur New Member

Yes, me too.
    I would like to have WASD stop controlling the camera if I assign them to control blocks. Or at least to have the option to do this. An option that I can set in the options menu.

7. Mumon

Mumon Member

this would help me greatly since i tend to build rather big machines who have complicated controlls and this layout limits the space i can actually use

8. Ivn665

Ivn665 New Member

I have the right arm hurts from the fact that you have to reach for the keys with the arrows