Reason for MV instability?

Not talking about a specific issue, just wondering is the reason MV is laggy/unstable caused by a collection of various bugs or a fundamental issue in how the system works? (Like the way info is sent from host to

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
I'd assume it's a mix of high ping/low framerate, the game being physics based, and besiege machines usually having a lot of parts.

I'd assume it's a mix of high ping/low framerate, the game being physics based, and besiege machines usually having a lot of parts.
I was talking more about how you lose connection when building too fast, crossbows crashing the host, loading/unloading too fast causing issues, things that wouldn't be an issue in singleplayer. (Although the stuff you pointed out is maybe what most issues are caused by), and continuing on the game being physics based could it just be that having to calculate things coming to play/going out of play takes a lot of system power? Since the host is still runing the simulation unlike in sp, where the simulation is paused when out of play?

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Even in SP the game freezes when loading big creations or starting sim with big creations, so that's not very strange. Not sure about the other bugs, don't crossbows have a global arrow limit? Or maybe there's a bug with that if there's more crossbows than arrows, but that would be strange.

You can try asking on the discord, people are more active there.