Railway Video No 5: New Self Propelled Engine

Yay! Thanks! I did one with pistons but they kept snagging on the rails! I took your advice from last time and did it authentically. I will load up .bsg file tomorrow and you can have a go.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Have you modified the weight of the ballasts (in the .bsg file) to make them heavier? Or does this way to move the rails require less ballasts?

Yeah, they are fully weight and they have friction pads on their base. The new small wheels are superb! I have a ton of new ideas to work through with them. Great upgrade!

So I couldn't figure out how to do pistons on this one, unfortunately. You were smart with the way you designed the wheels, given the track you used, but in terms of making the pistons it pretty much rendered it impossible. Sorry!

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Oh, if you use ballasts, you can change their weight to above the limit. Or you could use the No Bounds Mod to be able to change them in-game (works for people without the mod too :3)

Wow! I didn't know that. It could be seriously useful in my next project. Also, I am a bit behind with mods now so I think I will go have a look at what's available. thanks :3