Puffinlump`s TrueBuild Modpack [Target Version: Besiege v0.20] 10 Mods Total

Oh I didn't think about that one! I'll add e+, but what do you mean by "and, 0.12?"? Edit: Oh derp I thought besiege was v0.12 not v0.20... Ooops

spaar

I assume he means that there is no Besiege v0.12. We had v0.11 and now v0.2 was released recently.

Also, while I'm writing here, it would be nice to give some credit to the modders and it would probably be good to link to the corresponding threads (For me it's not a problem because obviously 'spaar's Mod Loader' already contains my name, but for the other mods).

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Did you ask the creators of the mods for permission to use their mods in the modpack? I personally have no problem with it my mods being used, but some people might feel different

No I did not ask them. I don't understand why someone would care (this is not meant to sound offensive or mean to anyone) because I am not saying their mods are mine. (I'm kind of new to mod packs and I haven't quite figured out what people do and don't like about their mods being packed) I will ask them if you think I should. I don't mean to make anyone feel bad about anything I just wanted to share my favorite mods in a pack.

The problem isn't that some people don't necessarily want their mods to be included in a mod (Though, if they don't that should be respected.) but rather that using someone's work without their permission in any form is perhaps a little impolite :p Granted you're not breaking any laws (such as claiming its your own or anything) but its just nice to ask! Less of a criticism, more of a suggestion! Great pack though!

Von

Administrator
Staff member
ITR said:
Did you ask the creators of the mods for permission to use their mods in the modpack? I personally have no problem with it my mods being used, but some people might feel different
I doubt this will be a problem to be honest, but It would probably be best to contact the modders, just in case they have any concerns.

But, our first modpack! Yay! :)

I'm personally ok with this, if people want have a collection of mods including the BlockLoader it's just helping some people out getting a package solution.
Also you credited appropriately, but it would be nice if you had contacted the modders about it, because it could potentially be ill advised as some might not work well together, it may be causing more people to get confused with updates and end up being more work for us to answer bug reports that could have been avoided. A modder might not want you to redirect traffic away from them, or just plain simple don't want to be in a modpack.

So there is reason for asking, I personally don't mind, as long as you keep it up to date when I do, and others as well.
If I do an update to give people more tools to develop new blocks with, I would be sad to see older versions circulating due to tardy bundle updates, and basically split users up in confused small group using desynchronized stuff.
I don't expect that to be the case with one pack or bundle, but when more is available, it could quickly become an issue.

So all in all: a quite simple message drawn to great length :p TL;DR: I'm kool with it, just update within timely manner of when I do.

Thanks for the feedback venhip! I have an interesting idea involving batch files to download the up-to-date files from here and stick them in either the mods folder, or the folder the batch is in.