Propeller plane

So i have been experementing with propellers in this game a whole lot and i noticed something. the torque of non decoupled engines ruins every plane since it alters the derection it flies and sometimes even rips it apart.

This plane is posted to show what i mean.

1. it does not work
2. all steering components have been removed
3. when i decouple the engine it wont even generate enough thrust to even move
4. if i add engine strength it rips itself apart and when invincible it flips over sideways multiple times
5. If i use 2 engines who spin each in the oposite derection the torque will NOT be countered or removed for some reason ( it chooses one direction and steers that way randomly)
6 what is your take on this community?

Attached Files
prpPlane.bsg

I've had the same problem with you, and I've not managed to solve the problem with a single engine. I have found the best way to prevent this is to use multiple props that spin in opposite directions- either one on each side of the plane, or in right in front of the other. The latter is usually better for smaller planes- see the attached plane.

Attached Files
cessna.bsg

my take is that you need more propellers. Also, that you use too many braces and the unnecesary ones at least x1.5 your weight.

The two propellers one we cant help with unless you post the design.

I've had the same problem with you, and I've not managed to solve the problem with a single engine. I have found the best way to prevent this is to use multiple props that spin in opposite directions- either one on each side of the plane, or in right in front of the other. The latter is usually better for smaller planes- see the attached plane.
I used two engines, spinning in opposite directions on 1 axis or used two engines on one wing, like i posted here
http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/f...ree-big-planes
I think your plane is too heavy because of wooden blocks.

i tried that too ofc since i thought the torque would counter itself out but it didnt on larger machines. take this for instance , the engines are perfectly symmetrical but i still needed to balance out the strengt between them for it not to pivot to one side to heavily

its not the weight im worried about since i can just add more wheels. i know that that plane is to heavy to fly with that engine...i kinda said that on top of the post. the point is the torque for which i used this unfinished concept plane as reference. if you are still worried about the weight check my post below this one. 12 upward pointed chaos engines with one propeller each are enough to create the needed thrust for a lift of. the propellers on the "wings" are only for countering torque and balance overall.

Oh, I see. It's not clear from the first readthru of your post that your question isn't about that specific plane.

Hmm. Well, the obvious solution to none-paired engines not working is to use paired engines. You could try using a gear on the other end that has some mechanism to slow the gear down but that can be overcome by the engines, so that the props will start up sllow but eventually come up to speed.

I got rid of the torque-steer of the plane using a swivel joint to mount the wheels to, and attaching that to a counter-rotating propeller in front of the first. essentially I transferred all that torque-steer onto a second propeller and off of the plane. runs in a straight line now, can't get it to take off though as it'll only run at ~15% on my PC!

Attached Files
prpPlane improved.bsg

i did this already, its basically decoupled and limits the output of the engine greatly. like i said i know that this gets rid of the torque but costs thrust

OK, so a thing like this, where at first the front and back start as "equal partners" that go in inverse directions, but over time the wheels leech speed from the gears and the propellers get up to full speed. Unfortunately with this particular mechanism, "over time" means "over about half a second", and the "full speed" of front propeller is more like 2.5x instead of 4x, but I'm just illustrating the concept, not trying to make a functional design. If I was, I would probably try to come up with something better than the wheels/gear thing...hmmm.

Attached Files
slow start.bsg