Precision Building Project 2 [Spaar`s Modloader] [Besiege 0.42+]

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Edit: Fixed grids and added an option to automatically apply whatever is in the clipboard of the block-mapper to all new blocks placed

Edit: Updated to 0.42. No additions :/

Edit: Fixed some broken stuff + added "force reskin" (placed blocks or stuff unselected with BuildingTools will get the selected skin for that block).

Remember to tell me if something is broken.

Also, somebody please make a tutorial on how to use this mod ;~;

Edit: Made Enter/Return menu re-bindable through spaar's built-in system
Made public Color thingy for other mod compatibility
Edit: Updated to 0.25!
*Now you can't open the [enter] menu while having the keymapper open
*BSGPasta might work now
*Color and scale is saved
*You can hold [left-alt] to ignore all settings that affect new blocks (NewBlock sometimes fires off if you undo/redo, load a machine, or deselect something with TGYD's building tools)
*If you have tgydBuildingTools installed, you can choose to have it auto-select what you just pasted (not working 99% of the time)
*If you have tgydBuildingTools installed, you can use the selection to paste with BSGPasta (might have a few random errors)
*If you have tgydBuildingTools installed, it won't apply the rotation from both mods, and Apply Rotation should update both places

Edit: New update! Now with the beginnings of a better menu (press enter, then use the arrow-keys or number keys), and a new feature (takes stuff from the SavedMachines/BSGPasta folder) + a smaller minimized GUI

Finally got around updating it, with an all new GUI system and new features!
However, since there are so many features, it's kinda hard to remember if I forgot to add any, or if some have bugs, so please tell me anything you find below!

Some things to take note of:
* When using offset-rotation you might need the "Rotate after placing block" feature to counter rotate
* None of the features will activate while you're modifying the GUI, but you can change values on it/apply with the right mouse button (all changes will be applied when you stop modifying the GUI)
* All the positions of the gui will save across session, some values will be saved too
* Some gui thingies will give you a warning in the ModConsole if you try to type in an illegal value
* There was something else I wanted to write here, but I forgot what it was.

Video:

To install:
*Install Spaar's Modloader
*Start Besiege
*Press ctrl+k, if a window pops up, continue, if not, you messed something up when installing the modloader
*Download the dll from below, and put it in your "Mods" folder

Attachments

Last edited:

ITR

Staff member
Here's an outdated image for Von's mod-list-thingy:

ITR

Staff member
FrizB said:
What is the difference between grid offset & placement offset? ... many more questions to follow XD
For those who still don't know:
Grid offset decides where the "place stuff in mid-air" thing is
Placement offset decides how much a block will be moved after you place it

ITR said:
For those who still don't know:
Grid offset decides where the "place stuff in mid-air" thing is
Placement offset decides how much a block will be moved after you place it
Short tutorial for others... how the "Grid Offset" works:

1. The origin point of the KSYS. X, Z-plane is located on the center point of the start block and Y-plane on the ground.
Attention... moving the start block to new position don't change the position of the origin point.

2. Example - offset in X direction (same way for Y,Z):

Attached Files

ITR

Staff member
MrMcRush said:
Short tutorial for others... how the "Grid Offset" works:

1. The origin point of the KSYS. X, Z-plane is located on the center point of the start block and Y-plane on the ground.
Attention... moving the start block to new position don't change the position of the origin point.
[spoil]
2. Example - offset in X direction (same way for Y,Z):
[/spoil]
Images got broken when you edited it :(
Try using

Grid Offset? Figured all that out hours ago... yawn!
Now then, how does grid div work? Does it reduce placement steps to <1 block? please say yes :D if so how does it work?
Colors disappear as soon as you hit save! I take it that's just how it's gotta be?
Also, what is the fourth color input box for? RGB + ?
...many more questions to follow.
FANTASTIC MOD BTW :)

ITR

Staff member
FrizB
GridDiv: Higher number means more precision when placing with the grid
Colors: Oh, forgot to do a thingy for that. I'll fix it in some future update I guess. Fourth input box is for alpha (I don't think changing the alpha actually does anything though)

Small test of the new awesome Mod :)

Download from here... ENJOY :)

P.S.: Love the way how the rotation tools works :). 'Placement Offset' + 'Rotate after placing block' give possibility to build rounded shapes without moving the pointer (just clicking). :cool:

Attached Files

ITR

Staff member
The reason I originally added &quot;Rotate after placing block&quot; was because I noticed how placing with an offset sometimes didn't rotate the next block placed on it, or rotated it too much.
I was thinking of making it only rotate the same amount as &quot;Degrees&quot; to make it simpler to use, but I thought having a field would make a lot more stuff easier

ITR

Staff member
gamercat said:
Could someone possibly use this mod to make a sphere? im not good at using it. If you can make a sphere, please send me the .bsg
If you manage to make one line of the sphere, you might be able to use the Editor+ mod to copy+rotate that line

gamercat said:
Could someone possibly use this mod to make a sphere? im not good at using it. If you can make a sphere, please send me the .bsg
Here you go... just a ball. You can drive it yourself but it's tricky to control it accurately.

Download from here... ENJOY :)

Attached Files