Possible Besiege/Spiderling merch?

Discussion in 'Spiderling Related' started by stuChris, Jul 17, 2016.

1. stuChris

stuChris Member

so i just had a great idea for some merchandise for the guys at Spiderling
    idk what they will think of it, but i personally think its a great idea.
    they could start making and selling custom cloth banners! just like everyone who has ever made a besiege avatar, except its a thing you can hang up on a wall like a poster!
    also, 3d printing machines, this would be awesome to do!
    and they could make so many other things, like maybe co-operation with Lego to have a besiege Lego set or something :p
    but seriously, these would be AWESOME to be able to get, and i think it could be very profitable, and that means more work towards besiege!
    anyway, lemmie know what you think ;)

2. Shade

Shade Member

But I just want a Duke's Prototype plushies..

TomGames Channel likes this.
  3. stuChris

stuChris Member

haha

4. Brickobius

Brickobius New Member

besiege chessboard!!!

5. stuChris

stuChris Member

that could work!

6. Landmine752

Landmine752 New Member

3D printing Besiege machines isn't all that easy. The way the data is saved (last I checked) is not easily readable and it'd be best if software were developed to decrypt it and load in the models. Even then you'd need block models that can be properly printed. That's why I modeled my print by hand; plus functional parts aren't so easy to achieve. But seeing more would be cool.
    Otherwise, I think some merchandise might be cool to see. Custom banners, a Besiege chessboard, and plushies would be cool to see, but it might be expensive to establish connections.

7. ITR

ITR l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ Staff Member

What do you mean it's not readable? The xml-format is way more readable than the previous system, especially for computers xD
    EDIT: Wait, maybe you haven't in since the new system, though that's quite some time ago now.

8. Landmine752

Landmine752 New Member

When I last looked at the save files (yeah, quite some time ago) the data was sectioned by property. There was a list of locations, one for block type, orientation... etc. A block would be in each list, and I don't think there were things like block IDs; it was all location based (the block at X, Y would be this type).
    Machine readable? In a way, but not efficient. Human readable? Nope. I could be wrong, I spent maybe 5 minutes looking at my small contraption. I knew it was beyond me to uncover the game's load script or something like that, and I don't believe it would make a good 3D assembling program. Assuming the save files were updated, I'll have to take another look.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  9. TomGames Channel

TomGames Channel New Member

I Like the idea about the Besiege flag , i would love to get my own one too!