Playing with a 3D mouse

Hi !

I work in a company which has created a 3D mouse designed for graphic designers and 3D designers. I find the format suitable for video games and I would like to know your opinion on the subject.

Our mouse is called "Lexip 3D", it has a joystick and a tilt allowing movements in 3 dimensions on 6 axes. Companies like Dassault Systems have had the opportunity to work with.

Today, we don‘t sell this product anymore but we are working on a new basis for our professional target. On my side, I would like to present some mouse’s configurations on video games to my superiors to propose the development of a Lexip gaming mouse. I had the opportunity to do some tests on your game: http://www.ark-innovation.com/img/gifs/Besiege.gif

You can set the tilt, the joystick, the buttons as well as the classic keys of the mouse.

As regular players, what do you think of our mouse?
Would it be interesting for Besiege?
Do you have any configuration ideas?

I look forward to talking with you :)

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Wait, so does the tilt change the camera angle?

Personally I'd find a mouse that allowed literally moving a cursor in 3D space more interesting, but that would probably be a mess both to design and use, lol

Hi,

Yes the tilt changes the camera angle and does not move the cursor (I failed during the caption).
It just needs time to get used to but it's easy :)

Do you have any ideas of configurations for the mouse ?

Here is the list of the buttons and X, Y, Z axis :

- Left and right clics

- 2 side buttons

- Joystick button (you press the joy)

- Analog joystick 360° : config on 4 directions

- Analog tilt 360° : config on 4 directions

- Translation up, down, left, right

- Scroll wheel up, down

- Scroll wheel button

- Lexip button (under the scroll wheel)

- Scroll wheel sensitivity

- Mouse sensitivity

- DPI (01 to 5040)

You can set up all these buttons with the Control Panel. You can do what you want (keyboard keys, shortcuts, macros…).
What would you do ? :)