Pendulum (without pit)

In the old forums some guy did experiments with a pendulum. Since we are but men, of course the sensible thing to do is to weaponize it. Those of you who have read E.A. Poe's story "Pit and Pendulum" know what a swinging knife above one's chest or head can elicit. On the other hand, those who haven't read it probably also know where this is going. Thus I present you....

THE PENDULUM (dun dun dunnnnnn)

Of course it comes to a stop pretty quickly. Knights apparently are so heavy that not even the kinetic energy of 10 weight plus blades can cut through more than 7 or so at a time. I think we need some kind of crescent blade (you could make awesome rotating machines with that, too).

pendel.bsg

Attached Files

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Since I can't remember if i posted this in the old forum's post or not, somebody said the blocks are 2 meters wide, but I checked and they're 1

Block size is an odd one. As blocks are just a little more than half the height of people (~1.7m), they are about the same width as people side on... Which does make sense if you look at the block. (its a bit more skinny on the sides in comparison to it's height.)

Either way, that is a very cool design!

Awesome idea! I will surely use this in some of the future levels:]

Off-topic: OP claims we are but men (and women), just a note: I'm not, maybe OP hasn't heard about it yet, but there are men, women, and a variety of genders living on this planet, maybe OP would like to google a bit, just a tip:)

Holy shit, I played around with it a bit, put some weights on the end in order to increase the force with which it mows through people, and suddenly: MERRY GO-ROUND PENDULUM THAT ALSO ACCELERATES TO A CERTAIN EXTENT.

Try it:

pendel.bsg

Although it might not start immediately with the not stopping anymore. I had instances where it went round two or three times to one side, paused short of the top and then went round the other side until I got bored.

Attached Files

ITR

Staff member
Put sliders on it and make a paradox-engine pendulum XD

ITR said:
Put sliders on it and make a paradox-engine pendulum XD
I'm interested to know how it works. Can you explain more? [HR][/HR] [HR][/HR]Here's a one way scythe. Not a pendulum but it's modified from the pendulum so I leave it here.

The mechanism comes from here, 5th post, by Vandom.
http://besiege.freeforums.net/thread/242/helicopter-experiments?page=8

P.S.
How do you upload bsg in here?

ITR

Staff member
Thanks. I have been wondering what does “Paradox” engine mean (´[FONT=&quot]∇[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ノ[/FONT]`*)ノ Well, I know perpetual motion is science defying. But if an outcome is shown (in our case the motion proven to be perpetual), you can't say that paradox exists, right?

ITR

Staff member
Paradoxal compared to RL physics :p