Option to enable standard time rather than Miltary

It would be nice to be able to see post times in standard time I.e 5:45pm rather than 17:45. I know how to convert it but it's annoying to have to think about what time someone replied or posted rather than just being able to see it right away.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
I vote -1, 24h rather than base 12.
Having to convert from weird letters to 24h is much more annoying :p

I vote for being able to choose, rather than having one forced, with 24h as the standard, because that's most used and is more sensible

EDIT: nevermind, didn't read the title. Seemed like you wanted only 12 :p
I vote +1 for being able to choose.

I've never bothered to look at the post times anyway, so it doesn't bother me whether it's 12 or 24, but I think with an international community around the world the 24 hour format works better, simply because most of the world doesn't use the 12 hour format.

By the way, please don't look at my posting times, you'll get a feel for how little I sleep :D

I would very much like to chose between 12hr and 24hr. I don't really mind which is default, as people who really care would just go to settings and alter it.
Straight from the wiki: [spoil]The 24-hour clock enjoys broad everyday usage in most non-English speaking countries, at least when time is written or displayed. In some regions, for example where German, French and Romanian are spoken, the 24-hour clock is used today even when speaking casually, while in other countries the 12-hour clock is used more often in spoken form. In most English-speaking regions, particularly the United States, the Philippines and the United Kingdom and its former colonies, the 12-hour clock is the predominant form of stating the time with the 24-hour clock used in contexts where unambiguity and accurate timekeeping are important, such as for public transport schedules. Nonetheless, usage is inconsistent: in the UK, train timetables will typically use 24-hour time, but road signs indicating time restrictions (e.g. on bus lanes) typically use 12-hour time.[/spoil]
Being able to choose would be the best balance of the two.
And for those saying it's in the wrong time zone, you are able to change that in your settings as well ;)

Baumi

As i'm from Germany i can back up what SuburbanSB said, it would cause a lot of confusion in people from here alsoe becauses there is no exact translation for pm and am.
I would appreceiate if we keep the 24h format.