NoBounds Mod [Besiege 0.32+]

Discussion in 'Besiege: Modding' started by ITR, May 18, 2015.

1. ITR

ITR l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ Staff Member

[Note: In the parameter tuner]
    Type any number in the value box of sliders, also increased the letter cap for typing in numbers(numbers still get visually rounded after you press enter, in addition to be made to fit inside the 32bit floating point data structure).
    To use negative numbers, just use the - key.

To multi-keymap, hold shift while opening a block. Resetting a multi-keymap will remove all extra keys and set the rest to None. (Won't affect other block settings)

To install, install spaars modloader, and put the dll below into the "Mods" folder

old version:
    Download: http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/f...fetch?id=26767
    basically let's you type in any number in the slider values.
    Basic installation:
    Just install Spaar's Modloader, and put the dll at the end of this post into the "Mods" folder!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Clicking the value makes it invert whatever you have typed in

Old version:
    http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/f...fetch?id=22202
    Click the bar to set the value to -1 or -2 (you have to press backspace until you get to '-', then keep typing)
    Old version:
    Clicking the thingy just set's it to NAN, making the block disappear while simulating (but it reappears afterwards)
    http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/f...fetch?id=18136

Source: http://pastebin.com/pzq4zzNU

Source: http://pastebin.com/1a6cqskV

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2017
  2. Von

Von Administrator Staff Member

Hahahaha let the madness begin. :S

davidvejlo and Ahmed Albasher like this.
  3. ITR

Every time I edit my signature, the spoilers get messed up :/

4. Von

Which tag are you using?

EDIT: nvm I see what you mean, that's weird, I'll look into it.

5. Von

So it seems like a design flaw, I think its because i doesn't display the code when you go to edit it again. I'm not sure theres anything I can do about it, I'll pass it along to vbulletin, seems like a pretty stupid flaw tbh.

6. spaar

spaar Member

Just out of interest, how did you do this? It sounds like you'd need to change code in Assembly-UnityScript. Or did you replace to SimpleNumberField with your own component?

7. Bio-4

Bio-4 New Member

set ballast's mass 0>start simulation>besiege crashes
    legit

8. ITR

What did the crash-log say?

9. stellHex

stellHex New Member

set ballast's mass 0 ==> start simulation ==> the tiniest force is applied to the ballast ==> it accelerates by the force divided by the mass ==> you have divided by 0 ==> besiege crashes

10. ITR

Ooooh, set it to 0, yeah, that would crash the simulation. Mass can't be 0 or less.

For some reason I read it like "Set mass higher than 0"

11. Bio-4

Bio-4 New Member

12. ITR

Yup, says it right there "density or mass must be non-zero"

13. Bio-4

Bio-4 New Member

makes sense enough for me :D
    but still, 0,01 of mass is quite nothing. oh btw, if I save a machine with an amount that I reach using this mod, ill the amount stay if someone without the mod uses that .bsg file?

14. ITR

Yeah, it should. You could test it and tell me what happens, but it should work

15. stellHex

stellHex New Member

it will keep the new values, but only if you don't use the wrench tool; the wrench tool will force the slider to go within the bounds.

16. Z3r0

Z3r0 New Member

it would be cool if you could do negative values so a ballast can be like a balloon without the (sometimes)annoying string or a balloon like a ballast with a string, but im not sure if it would be possible since its not supported to even type a "-" in the box, but I guess it would make like wheels and flying blocks and everything else spin/go the opposite way, which can be useful

17. Bio-4

Bio-4 New Member

Z3r0 The only things that need such a function are few, since you can change the sense by pressing f : saws, springs (maybe), flying blocks, ballasts, baloons

18. UrSubconscious

UrSubconscious New Member

I found a great balloon trick, place a balloon where you want it and then use the frame rate glitch to place a grabber inside of the balloon or you can position it however it grabs it, but then when the simulation starts the balloons stay rigid. Side note, This works really good with No Bounds because you can have a balloon with a 50 boyancy that doesnt move around all weird but if you "hack" a balloon and it is on a gripper it has less lift than if it was hanging free, though "hacked" balloons stretch the rope to extremes.

19. Nathaniel411

Nathaniel411 Member

Cant seem to make a super fast car without it doing flips...:(

20. Nathaniel411

Nathaniel411 Member

THis+Remote bombs=Whole map destroyed:D