New User Rights

This forum should block newly registered user or some one with the lowest rank from creating a new post
thus preventing new user to jump into the forum and start reposting something or even spamming.

you can se the example in the suggestion topics. i already counted: >10 for water suggestion and >6 for multiplayer

or at least make a warning for new user when they're about to make a new topic

spaar

Spirit Of Nature said:
This forum should block newly registered user or some one with the lowest rank from creating a new post
I assume you mean a new thread? Otherwise they would be unable to do anything at all.
The problem with this would be that it would also defeat a lot of the purpose of at least the bug reports&support sections. Also, it would probably encourage users to just make some senseless posts until they can make a thread about what they really came here to post. Or just discourage them from posting at all, hence decreasing activity in the forum even more.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
I think we asked about something like that once. Though that was in reference to spam-bots, not inexperienced new people XD
Just posting a link on their thread to the old thread if it's something that has been posted before should do it (though I usually just inform them that there is an already existing thread for that, without bothering to search for it)

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Maybe something like "Remember to use the search function, to see if this already has been posted" pop-up when creating new threads? (for lower post-count users)

spaar

ITR said:
Maybe something like "Remember to use the search function, to see if this already has been posted" pop-up when creating new threads? (for lower post-count users)
That sounds like a good idea. +1

Ooh, could something like stackexchange's "here are some topics that might be similar" dynamic suggestion box thingy be implemented, it's a longshot, I know, but if we could....