My results from part mass tests: PSA

Naten

Because I was unsure about certain parts' masses, I conducted a couple of experiments. Experiment results in Green. (for TL;DR)

EDIT: Braces' length does not change based on length:
stellHex said:
The mas of a brace does NOT change based on its length. the center of the brace on the right is just farther over. Proof:

Pointed out by stellHex. Thanks! :)

The second experiment was to see if two short blocks weighed more than one long block, or if one long block weighed more than two short blocks. I found that two short blocks weigh more than one long block.

In the image, the two short blocks are on the left, and the one long block is on the right.

The third and final experiment was to see if the direction the Brace goes affects the center of mass if the two Braces are of equal length. I found that the center of mass is not affected by the direction the Brace was placed (e.g. what block you start it on and what you end it on)

In the image, the Brace on the right was placed on a wood block and its end placed on the starting block. The Brace on the left was placed on the starting cube, and it was ended on a wood block. Both wood blocks were removed before the screenshot.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you find this useful. :)

The mas of a brace does NOT change based on its length. the center of the brace on the right is just farther over. Proof:

Attached Files

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
The brace length thing might be come from the old brace COM bug that was fixed