Multiplayer??

Bio-4

Hey! I just had an idea. what about creating a kind of arena that requires an online connection and where you can go against other players? no mods, pyro or invincibility admit

Bio-4

I don't know. but I was talking with a friend and the idea just came out. of course, every pc have to take care of it's own creation due to not make other people's pcs cry molten cpu and internet connection must be pretty fast. the program, I think, should send much information to each pc about other machines into the arena, so the question is: is this even possible? would it require a huge supercomputer? we'll maybe never know

spaar

I'm pretty sure Spirit was being sarcastic...
http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/search?q=multiplayer&searchJSON={%22keywords%22%3A%22multiplayer%22}

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
As said on the last thread, isn't somebody working on making a mod like that?

Bio-4

Random multiplayer with pools, like... idk... flying, shooting, walking, and stuff like that, I think that it would be great

Hey, new to forums. I was also wondering if besiege should expand its limits and actually use your machines against friends instead of hopping NPC knights; obviously this idea should be implicated into the game w/o mods, but i have a feeling this multiplayer crossover could pose some problems.
1. could players use saved machines in the multiplayer arena?
2. too many glitches in the game that could give players an opped advantage e.g superposed blocks, chaos engine etc...
3. a bit off topic, but should players have a controllable person that can get into vehicles, walk around, and use small weaponry?
But if you manage to get those problems out of the way, i would totally be in with the multiplayer idea. Especially if there could be mass multiplayer matches (30v30 match), that would be total carnage in my words XD

ITR

Staff member
TekmastR said:
Hey, new to forums. I was also wondering if besiege should expand its limits and actually use your machines against friends instead of hopping NPC knights; obviously this idea should be implicated into the game w/o mods, but i have a feeling this multiplayer crossover could pose some problems.
1. could players use saved machines in the multiplayer arena?
2. too many glitches in the game that could give players an opped advantage e.g superposed blocks, chaos engine etc...
3. a bit off topic, but should players have a controllable person that can get into vehicles, walk around, and use small weaponry?
But if you manage to get those problems out of the way, i would totally be in with the multiplayer idea. Especially if there could be mass multiplayer matches (30v30 match), that would be total carnage in my words XD
If I remember correctly (just check the old threads to be sure, it's not that hard...) the devs said they probably wouldn't incorporate multiplayer, as Besiege is mainly a single player game.
And 30v30 sounds impossible, purely due to the amount of lag it would cause...

I see what you're on about, I do know that 30v30 would be impossible right now, but this is more of a future suggestion. Once besiege is up and running with an official version, i suggest servers could be set up or rented to host these mass multiplayer matches.
Also, i have never been to the old forum, i'm rather new to these forums.

ITR

Staff member
It's on this forum, just use the search bar. Old threads, as in, nobody really comments on them anymore.

And it's not internet lag that would be the problem, it's the pure computer-processing power needed to process 100 000+ blocks :p