Multiplayer Mod [Spaar`s Modloader]

Want to play besiege with a friend? Well then multiplayer is for you!

Installation:
1. Install Spaar's Modloader BETA
2. Drag the attached DLL into your mods folder

Changelog:
0.1 - Initial release
0.2 - Fixed server list spacing
0.3 - Added the option to create and connect to IP servers, rather than just NAT, this should provide an alternative to NAT connection.

Limitations:
1. Cannonballs don't appear on the other computer
2. Flamethrowers won't effect the other computer
3. Braces are glitchy
4. Springs are glitchy
5. Big machines cause a lot of lag
6. Balloon strings don't appear
7. You can only have two players on a server - (I'm working to fix this)
8. Uses NAT Punchthrough so may not work with everyone's computer

Usage:
1. To create a server click "Create A Server".
2. To connect to a server click "Connect" on a server in the server list.
3. Click "Disconnect from all servers" to disconnect from all servers, and destroy the servers you are hosting.
4. If the machine doesn't appear on the other computer, go into build mode, and then exit build mode again, that will update the machine on the other computer.
5. When you connect, make sure both players have loaded into the same level, and then you can load the machine that you want and enter play mode, the machine should then appear on the other computer too.

BTW: Passworded servers are COMING

Attached Files
BesiegeMultiplayerMod.dll

That! is! awesome! Thanks TesseractCat you have done a great job!
(though xpulai said it's very easy to make connections)
May I ask about details about controlling, physics calculating(like to put all calculations on the certain server) and the way we find server? Thanks!

WOw this mod is FXXKING COOL!!!
I tried play on it, though lagging issue affect the gameplay experience a bit, but still quite fun!

If you could disable the in-game invincible & PYRO options, it would be better.

And I found that it's possible to build on your machine over another play's machine directly.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Just a few notes about this, that people probably should read:
  1. This only synchronizes the blocks, the enemies and stuff in the level that moves may be different between the two players. Same with simulation speed.
  2. NAT punch-through errors happen because some routers hide your private IP from the net, so people can't easily hack or attack you through the net. Some routers allow you to turn this off completely, or put one or multiple computers outside the shield (DMZ). Please use google to find out if your router can do this, though only do this temporarily, as you will be vulnerable while this feature is off.

I can even create a server. Unfortunadely it seems like I can't join any servers or use the chat. For now I will do some searching about my router to see if I can fix it.

So If manage to make it work, what is supposed to happen? like: Should I wait for something, play normally? And where will the other player be?

When you connect, make sure both players have loaded into the same level, and then you can load the machine that you want and enter play mode, the machine should then appear on the other computer too.

Following ITR's tips I managed to fix it. Very interesting, testing with a friend right now and it seems to work just fine. It has my approval! (even if it's worthless :p)