Monthly Challenge May!

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
This months monthly challenge is:
  • Get a block as high as possible, 500 block limit, no aerodynamic propellers.
Also, 1 year (and one month? (and one week?)) since monthly challenges started, completely missed that ^^

EDIT: Since it's been a while since the challenge was suggested, I'm gonna add some extra rules:

• No flying blocks
  • No rockets
  • No god tools
  • Has to start on the ground
And remember, it's the most awesome machine that wins, and not necessarily the one that gets the block the highest up.

EDIT 2: So, no stuff that allows you to fly, since, you know, you can fly forever with it.
And the block/machine that is brought upward must start touching the ground.

Basically, throw it, explode it, catapult it, drive up a ramp, make an elevator, etc. :p

EDIT 3: Rockets can be used if thrust is zero, and water-cannons can be used if they're not used as thrusters.

ITR

Staff member
Since the pro-builders on slack are giving me a hard time (jk, love you guys), I'll just write it here: The more unneededly complex it is, the better it is.
Like, you could just make a giant explosion, or a water-cannon with 9999E+20 power, but where's the fun in that?

ITR

Staff member
Yes

ITR

Staff member
That uses the steam-cannons as a method of propulsion though, so it goes against EDIT3

Kevizen

A single seat bungee ball with safety belt for your, ehm, safety. Can go up to 500 blocks high or beyond freezing point.

No god tools, no rockets, no flying blocks, just some springs.

ITR

Staff member
Awesome ^^

Right, so I've got a pretty cool build for this, its a modified version of my re-loadable moonkiller (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=678927572), its very similar except I've changed a few bits so it can fire at a 90 degree angle, it can easily shoot over the ice-up limit. Its basically a huge fireball slingshot, and as a bonus, is totally level legal as it fits in the bounding box and 100% vanilla.

I apologize for the lack of a video, I'm not very good with recording and stuff :) Here is the file:
moonkiller3.bsg

How to use:
Press R to open the chamber and load a shot, once a fireball is in the chamber, press R again to close it. Fully tilt back the machine, by holding Q.
Next, extend the machine with O, to tighten the springs, the arms should come together when fully extended.
The machine is now ready to fire, press L to launch the fireball.

Controls:
Arrow keys: movement
Q and E: Raise or lower barrel
O and P: Extend or contract tightening arms
R key: Load the weapon
L key: Fire
F key: Change view

Attached Files

I have a no limits mod installed that allows me to have wheels, turning hinges, ect... that allows me to put in a number above 2 for the speed like most of my ball shooting creations use wheels spinning at a 6x or above speed. Question is, is this allowed or can I not go beyond the 2x speed limit.

ITR

Staff member
Erik_ogel said:
I have a no limits mod installed that allows me to have wheels, turning hinges, ect... that allows me to put in a number above 2 for the speed like most of my ball shooting creations use wheels spinning at a 6x or above speed. Question is, is this allowed or can I not go beyond the 2x speed limit.
Yeah, that's allowed, along with any other mods :3
Though you chould mention which ones you use

ITR

Staff member
I mean, mention that you use it in the post with your submission, when you make it :p
There is only one NoBounds mod, so a link isn't necessary xD (and it would be weird if I of all people would need a link :p)

ITR

Staff member
wang_w571 said:

by 海叽叽
^ he made the rubic cube
Can you ask the tieba besiegers if they can provide a download? Workshop link works too