Monthly Challenge June/July!

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
This months monthly challenge is:
  • Use the timing function of the fireworks along with other mechanisms to create an autonomous machine that can complete any zone of your choosing with no user input beyond a single, initial key press (to start the rockets/activate mechanisms like pistons). The more complex tasks achieved, the better!
Good luck!

Also vote for last months winner here: http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/...-vote-for-the-winner-of-monthly-challenge-may

ITR

Staff member
Shoe_Eater said:
what are the rules, like god tools and bounding box, and other things
There are no rules

R32Jon

Hey how's it going? First post here and I've decided I'd like to start taking part in these :) I have a build to submit, where do people usually go about presenting their designs, just as a comment reply in this thread?
Thanks

ITR

Staff member
Yes, just make a post here presenting your machine. When the time for voting comes, I will copy your post and put it in the voting thread.

R32Jon

Apologies for my lack of proficiency with recording, but I hope you'll agree a Rube Goldberg machine is best watched first hand anyway :)

I present my simple 114 piece mechanism for solving Old Mining Site on Ipsilon, boundary box legal and 100% vanilla. The timing function is used to jump the arm over the rock which would otherwise prevent it from conquering the level (as seen on it's next revolution).

It takes about 25 seconds to complete the level after pressing 1.

Check it out through the link below:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=706332421

Thanks

Attached Files

Last edited:

ITR

Staff member
There are no rules, as stated earlier....

ITR

Staff member
Extended to July due to forum migration + me not having time to do stuff before now

ITR

Staff member
Oh, yeah, this died due to forum migration.
Plus lost stuff due to blogs being gone now.

So this is closed indefinitely

ITR

Staff member
My first time joining in with monthly competitions and the entire concept dies...good stuff x)
There's still a contest on reddit, I think, and I think I saw something being done in the public discord too, so you could try joining those