Mod/Block Ideas/Thoughts

I would really like to see these things become Mods or maybe separate blocks to use together with the existing ones.

Pistons- Proportional control over how far the piston head is extending, for example when you activate a function on a hydraulic cylinder it doesn't automatically reach full extension, it will extend at a said speed until you let go of the function and then it will stay in that position until you hit the opposite function. A lot like how the steering motors in the game work now. but if you could control the pistons in that manner, you could create far more realistic and working machines with booms like cranes, concrete pumps,

Pulley Block- a simple machine I am surprised doesn't already exist, i love the ropes but the ability to have the rope run over a pulley in several different way to create leverage/torque

Torque Slider- If we could adjust the torque of a wheel or gear, and not just the speed, torque is something that seems to be missing a lot whenever you turn the rotation speed of something down to make a functioning machine. Basically i think the way "Speed" or "Power" is working right now is more accurately Horsepower and if you could increase the torque on the wheel or gear when you hit the key and keep the speed lower i think a lot more ideas could become working machines

I've tried making reduction gears and i have used planetary gears to reduce speed a lot and it works which is cool for a game, but when you try to make your gear do work it just bounces and shutters and skips, even with huge amounts of bracing which is not realistic to a gear.

I don't know if these are even possible or if I'm asking to make the game to simple , I'm a diesel equipment mechanic and the stuff i keep wanting to build usually involves these things.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Pistons- Proportional control over how far the piston head is extending, for example when you activate a function on a hydraulic cylinder it doesn't automatically reach full extension, it will extend at a said speed until you let go of the function and then it will stay in that position until you hit the opposite function. A lot like how the steering motors in the game work now. but if you could control the pistons in that manner, you could create far more realistic and working machines with booms like cranes, concrete pumps,
For pistons you can use the ACM, Automatron or scripting mod for the piston thing I think
Pulley Block- a simple machine I am surprised doesn't already exist, i love the ropes but the ability to have the rope run over a pulley in several different way to create leverage/torque
Ropes just go straight from one point to the other though, and would be kinda laggy otherwise. You could do something like what people use for tank tracks though.
Torque Slider- If we could adjust the torque of a wheel or gear, and not just the speed, torque is something that seems to be missing a lot whenever you turn the rotation speed of something down to make a functioning machine. Basically i think the way "Speed" or "Power" is working right now is more accurately Horsepower and if you could increase the torque on the wheel or gear when you hit the key and keep the speed lower i think a lot more ideas could become working machines
The way wheels and gears work, is that a specific angular force is enacted on them every active frame, if I remember correctly. I can check that later, I guess. Not completely sure what your asking for either, but I think you might be able to simulate this using the ACM, Automatron or scripting mod
I've tried making reduction gears and i have used planetary gears to reduce speed a lot and it works which is cool for a game, but when you try to make your gear do work it just bounces and shutters and skips, even with huge amounts of bracing which is not realistic to a gear.
Maybe a mod that can lock a block in place in relation with any other, but allows rotation?