Mirror Mod(e) [Spaar`s Modloader]

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
This let's you mirror every block you place over a plane (select which planes in the GUI).
The planes will intersect any chosen block (choose with the KM+PT tool), with the default being the starting block.
It might not work with "special" blocks (hinges and braces), but it should for all the others.

Images/Explanation:

The bottom row shows the current block you're flipping around (defaults at default starting block position)
XY:

YZ:

ZX:

Flips rotation too:

Source: http://pastebin.com/FGHTj259

How to Install:
To install, first install Spaar's Modloader, then put the dll at the end of this post in the "Mods" folder.
This mod is compatible with the Better Mod GUI Mod! (Better Mod GUI is not needed to use this mod)

Attached Files
MirrorBuildingMod.dll

ITR

Staff member
Added Source

Von

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, posted 3 days ago, how did I miss this? :S

Nice job people have been asking for this for ages!

ITR

Staff member
Yeah, it was at the other end of the forum since there were no posts on it :p

ITR

Staff member
UrSubconscious said:
This works really good, there is like 2 seconds of learning curve where you are going "Which plane is it?!" but after that it's just great. Oh if you go to place a piece of Bracing you have to delete the copy because it comes out looking some some sort of bloated brick where the opposite start point is.
Lol, yeah, I expected the braces to behave differently, though I thought they rather would just not appear at all. I guess I could make it ignore braces in the next update

You might not want to ignore the braces altogether. I would rather them come out looking odd and having to fix them rather than forget the braces do not translate into the next copy and missing it until the wreck fest begins.

ITR

Staff member
phorqued said:
You might not want to ignore the braces altogether. I would rather them come out looking odd and having to fix them rather than forget the braces do not translate into the next copy and missing it until the wreck fest begins.
I could just have an option for it, I guess. Though since it's made for building stuff quicker, I'll have it off by default

Please help, the center point at which the blocks are mirroring is keep changing. I think it is a button that i might accidentally be pushing.
Help!

[Edit]:
Wow, I finally realized what the KM+PT was. It was that little wrench thing that was setting the center point at which the blocks are mirroring. Also ITR. you might want to put that the KM+PT tool was that little wrench thing. (thanks Stebobson for telling me that)

ITR

Staff member
peterpanDK said:
This mod is not working for me :C
I get nothing at all...
Could you please help?

The mod isn't updated to the latest version, if you want mirroring, you should use TGYD's building tools.