Machine Resizing [Spaar`s Modloader]

Change your machine to any size! Want a small one? We got you covered? Want a big one? We got you covered! Just don't go too big or you'll end up breaking it. Order 2 today and get a 25% discount on the 2nd package!

Jokes aside, this allows you to scale your entire machine. It has a few minor issues, but then again, the game wasn't made so you could have a machine bigger than the entire level, you silly goose.

Press LeftControl+J to see the keybindings.

Note: You need invincibility mode if you make your machine too big. Even then, the physics kinda go "nope" and the machine breaks very easily.

Changelog:
Version 1.0: Initial release of the mod;

Version 2.0: Added saving for the machine's size;

Version 3.0: Changed resizing keys from O and L to + and - and R puts the machine at original size. Added a GUI which shows the current machine scale. Also resizes explosions!

Version 4.0: Following the release of the new modloader version (12-12-2015), which adds a Keybinding API, you can now remap the keys using the modloader menu (CTRL+J)!

Version 4.1 Hotfix: Fixed an issue with the GUI;

Version 5.0: Now includes axis-specific resizing, as well as resizing for steam and water particles. (Water particle resizing may not work as expected). Also perfected the explosion resizing.

Version 5.1 Version Update: Updated to the latest Besiege version as of 28/02/2016.

Attachments

Last edited:
Holy crap, this is awesome XD
I tried making my osprey a small as a fly but it seems the mass of the machine stays the same, so it wobbles in invincible mode and can't even last a second without exploding.
On the other hand, huge machines seem to move like in low gravity.

All we need now is someone with a giant-a** walker like @Prevenge's Kestrel and this mod installed recording a video with their enlarged machine stomping the living sh** out of the knights at Queen's Fodder! :D

Guys! With help from spaar and TesseractCat we were able to add saving!
How cool is that?!
Being able to save and load giant machines!

But most of the credit goes to them, for teaching me a whole lot of new possibilities in modding!

**EDIT**
Do not try to save resized machines, it might end up screwing the machine!

I am just coming back to Besiege after a break (playing ARK lol) to find v0.11. Still gotta get my mods sorted first cause my machines seem weird right now ;)

When i try to go forward with a car that would work without using the mod, the car breaks near the wheels join. Hope that it will be fixed soon, this could be a great mod!
Great job anyways!

Hey man nice mod but could just make a small change so that instead of pressing o and l to change size you use - and + as they would make a lot more sense, also a reset button would be nice.
Just small changes because i always find my self building and find that i have different sized parts. any ways again great mod!! Would download again

Voncrumb said:
Hey man nice mod but could just make a small change so that instead of pressing o and l to change size you use - and + as they would make a lot more sense, also a reset button would be nice.
Just small changes because i always find my self building and find that i have different sized parts. any ways again great mod!! Would download again

Even better would be to have the keys assignable. And yes, reset would be useful - along with an indication of the current scale setting.