Low friction tube? (for a cannon!)

Just an idea for a block.
The low friction tube could fit for example a boulder or the flaming ball thingy. Dont think i need to explain more about what a tube is... its a tube!
As a primary charge for a cannon one could use the mine (or! a black powder charge, which is another idea for a block^^)
This is of course not a priority, but it would be nice to see it being implemented in a future patch.

Yeats said:
Basically a Giant cannon that you can put things in?
Well... basically.
you can have it 2 blocks long or something so that you can adjust the length. Its probably alot to ask for, but it would be awesome. it also fits the theme of the game i would say:) using cannons on peasants was a pretty common thing i would say in medieval ages.

The halfpipes arent sealed.

Yeats

Well if they introduce liquids like hot oil and stuff then they could just add a pipe. That pipe could also be used as part of a cannon if they allow it to be used like that.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Can't you put two halfpipes together to seal them?

zodium

MichaelRotmo said:
Well... basically.
you can have it 2 blocks long or something so that you can adjust the length. Its probably alot to ask for, but it would be awesome. it also fits the theme of the game i would say:) using cannons on peasants was a pretty common thing i would say in medieval ages.

The halfpipes arent sealed.
Are you sure halfpipes don't do what you want?

Attached Files

zodium

That's what I use for cannon designs. Slap a reloading mechanism on it (gravity fed, grabber fed, whatever) and fire it with a ballast block on springs. There's an example of the design on the chaos tank video in my sig.

Let me explain myself then:) What i meant was to have sealed tubes, which uses the airpressure of an explotion to propel the block forward. for that they need to be air tight. The tube have massive holes in them like they do with the halfpipe. You wouldnt use a halfpipe to transport liquids :)

zodium

You could propel a projectile forward through this barrel with the force of an explosion, provided we had explosives small enough to not destroy the machine in doing so. There's no "air" as such in the Unity engine, it's all abstracted Newtonian physics.

zodium said:
Now this, this I can get behind. What about a 1x1 directed explosive block?
Would be a good addition. I have been tinkering around with the bomb, and ive managed to not completely ruin my machine when it goes off, but sadly there is not enough force to propel the boulder forward. A directional explosive block would be a welcomed sight!