Lighting Studio [Spaar`s Modloader]

Been a while since I've last played Besiege.
I thought I'd come back to finish some mods I started working on.

Here's an in-depth tutorial on how to use it:
The "New Light" button is pretty self-explanatory.
"Your new light's name" is any name you want your light to have. Makes it easier to identify in the menu.
"Red", "Green" and "Blue" are the colour values your light will have. They will have to be numerical, ranging from 0 to 1.

The "Original in-game light" button allows you to edit the light that's already in the game, the one that lights up your majestic creations. ;)
The darker area in the menu shows every light you have created, and clicking on one of them will allow you to edit it.

"Intensity" is the intensity of your light.
"Bounce Intensity"... I don't know what it does, can't see a difference when changing it. I guess Unity must need it for some reason.
"Shadow Strength" is the strength of the shadows drawn by your light.
"Range" is the range your light covers.
"Spot Angle"... I don't know what it does, can't see a difference when changing it. I guess Unity must need it for some reason.
The "Light Type" button allows you to change the type of your light. See here for more information, it does a better job at explaining it than I would.
The "Light Shadows" button allows you to change the LightShadows type. Again, see here.
The "Light's Position" fields allow you to modify the position of your light source using x, y and z coordinates, respectively.
The "Light's Color" fields allow you to change your light's colour post-creation, and the button applies it. Again, the values have to be numerical and ranging from 0 to 1.
"Delete" is simple as that, it deletes your light.

The white circle disappears while the simulation is active. It's just to make it easier for you to see where the light starts while not simulating.

Originally requested by Strydom on the 'Besiege Builders' Slack team.

Attachments

Last edited:
What do you mean? Is the light casted onto every world object? Well yeah, if it's an object, it should get illuminated by it.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
As long as it's within range