Keyboard Shortcuts 1.2.2 [Besiege v0.45] [spaar's Mod Loader]

spaar

This mods adds a number of keyboard shortcuts to make building faster and more enjoyable.

Features
  • Pipette (or "eyedropper") tool, which allows you to select a block type by clicking on it (Ctrl + Right Click)
  • Keybinding to open the settings of a block by clicking on it (Alt + Right Click)
  • Keybindings to select a tab
    • Ctrl + Tab and Shift + Tab to select the next/previous tab
    • Ctrl + 1, Ctrl + 2, ..., Ctrl + 7 to select a specific tab directly
  • Keybindings to select a specific block (1, 2, ..., 9)
  • Keybindings to decrease/increase time scale (RightCtrl + Left/Right Arrow)
  • Keybindings to set time scale to 0%/100% (RightShift + Left/Right Arrow)
All the keybindings above are only default values and completely remappable with the keymapper tool (Ctrl + J to open by default).

Installation
Just drop KeyboardShortcuts.dll into your Mods folder.

Source Code and License
This mod is licensed under the MIT license. The full text of the license and the source code are available on Github.

If you have suggestions for more shortcuts or other comments, don't hesitate to leave them below. I hope this makes building a bit less tedious for you and you enjoy using it!

(Yes, I realize that Ctrl + Right Click etc are not technically keyboard shortcuts, I chose to name the mod like this anyway.)

Attachments

Last edited:
Simply brilliant !!!

I made two changes to the original bindings though:

1- I don't like the "Alt+..." combination as the Alt key engages the camera control and you can't move the pointer anymore
2- I don't use the left mouse click. When you're in "pipette mode", for example, it catches the block type correctly but sometimes places a block too (and that's not what I want to do)

So my settings:
- Block settings > Left Ctrl + Right clic
- Pipette > Left Shift + Right clic

And it works like a charm !

spaar : Thanks again for this awesome improvement

spaar

Nissenko said:
Simply brilliant !!!

I made two changes to the original bindings though:

1- I don't like the "Alt+..." combination as the Alt key engages the camera control and you can't move the pointer anymore
2- I don't use the left mouse click. When you're in "pipette mode", for example, it catches the block type correctly but sometimes places a block too (and that's not what I want to do)

So my settings:
- Block settings > Left Ctrl + Right clic
- Pipette > Left Shift + Right clic

And it works like a charm !

spaar : Thanks again for this awesome improvement
1. That's a good point, I'll consider changing the default.
2. Yeah, that's why I chose to make right click the default, I noticed the same problem. I'd like to do something about that so left click would also be an option, but I'm not sure whether I can do anything about it.

And thanks for commenting, I always appreciate hearing that my mods prove useful to some people (that goes to MaxTCC and Shade too).

Im not good in Unity programming, so maybe stupid question, but is it posible to make be able to map gamepad buttons and, what is very important, axis to block action? it would be very usefull..

spaar

AerialA said:
Im not good in Unity programming, so maybe stupid question, but is it posible to make be able to map gamepad buttons and, what is very important, axis to block action? it would be very usefull..
I'm not sure about gamepad buttons, but I've looked into using the axis before and as far as I can tell it's impossible for a mod to add support for it if it's not supported in the game itself.

You're right ;-)
I played a little with your mod before posting and didn't remember I was the jerk who assigned the left click to the pipette !

I would also love to... but the game needs to support variable settings (for example: speed from 0 to 1, Hinge's angle from 0 to 45°, etc...) AND analog inputs

I think that would require a lot of changes, maybe more than just a mod

by the way, you can find programs that can map your keyboard to your gamepad (better DS3, Xpadder), that could be useful

I would also love to... but the game needs to support variable settings (for example: speed from 0 to 1, Hinge's angle from 0 to 45°, etc...) AND analog inputs

I think that would require a lot of changes, maybe more than just a mod

by the way, you can find programs that can map your keyboard to your gamepad (better DS3, Xpadder), that could be useful
Yes, thats why im say "important - axis", to make control hinges, wheels and other movable blocks more presicely. for examle to control speed of wheels or force of spring using triggers, controll angle of hinge using stick and etc.

Hey spaar. Would it be possible to add keyboard shortcuts for changing time speed? Two for increasing/decreasing time speed by 10% each press, one changing it to 0% and one to 100%?
Something like that was in Button Mapper mod, but its outdated now.